[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings! Help T19 diagram SPOILER!

cosc12t2@jetson.uh.edu (C. Viles) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb19.172026.3469@ducvax.auburn.edu>, cs220x0b@ducvax.auburn.edu (HASH BROWNS) writes:
> I too am stuck on Tricky Level 19 of Lemmings.  It looks like this:
>
> Tricky
> Level 19
>                                                               OUT
>    I N                                                         _
>   _____                                                       / \
>   \___/                 C       ....::::::::::::::::   ::::::::::::::
>                         ....::::::::::::::::::::::::   ::::::::::::::
>             A :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: B ::::::::::::::
> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>
> 1  horizontal dig
> 1  diagonal dig
> 1  verticle dig
> 1  bridge
> 10 climbs and floats

  I had trouble with this one, but after a little pondering, figured it out.
If you still want to solve it yourself, skip this message now.

  Now, there are a few ways to do this.  The one I came up with is:

Make the first lemming 'out of the chute' a climber.  He'll climb over lip A,
and head towards the pit at B.   Let about three or four more lemmings come
out, and the crank the output up to 99 (this is VERY important).  When the
first climber reaches the pit, build a bridge across it, don't let him fall in.
After he starts building the bridge, make the 2nd lemming that came out of the
chute (or the third, but it should be one of the ones from before you sped up
the output) a climber.  As soon as he reaches the top of lip A, make him dig
straight down.  As soon as other lemmings can climb up this lip, make him a
basher (he'll head for the pit).  The other lemmings will be able to climb up
to this new ledge, and up to the bridge before he reaches point C.  If you
didn't speed the output up, not all the lemmings will make it.  If only a few
don't, you can make them climbers to get out of the pit.  Timing is important,
but this level is possible.

If anyone has a more elegant solution, please post it.
Chris.
This .sig, like our computing center, is under construction.

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (02/21/91)

Ahh, a request for a more elegant solution, see my previous post, but here
it is again

Make the first one a climber and then after he passes the pit about half way to the home have him dig down after aobut 3-4 digs make hima  bridge builder
and he will build a bridge and then turn around, turn him into a miner and
you are home free (assuming of course that you made one of the other Lemmings a basher to clear a path to the now exatable pit.. this is a very quick and
easy way to turn a Lemming around, you need to master it....
nuff said..

Roaul Rodriguez