[comp.sys.amiga.games] CSB - How Do I Turn On Fireballs?

schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) (02/20/91)

I am playing CSB and am back on the Corbum level again. I have finished
one corbum path and am on my second. The first time up here I saw all of
the blue mists and the coin slots and even the fireball shooters in the
wall. I assumed that all of this would turn on a fireball shooter that
would send fireballs all over the level. I tried putting coins in the
slots (I think there are two of them, or else one and a keyhole).
However, I have not been able to get the fireballs to turn on. Can
anyone tell me how to get this thing firing?

Thanks in advance.

			     \          /
			      \   \    /      /
Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
				\   \/      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/21/91)

RE: TURNING ON THE 'WRATH OF GOD' FIREBALL CANNONS ON LEVEL 1 (CHAOS
LEVEL).....OK - You need 2 iron keys inserted in the keyhole next
to the cannons. But, for heaven's sake, DON'T turn it on until you've
got all the portcullises and deflecting mists operational! YOU are
as vulnerable as the DEMONS!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/21/91)

In article <16838@venera.isi.edu>, schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
> I am playing CSB and am back on the Corbum level again. I have finished
> one corbum path and am on my second. The first time up here I saw all of
> the blue mists and the coin slots and even the fireball shooters in the
> wall. I assumed that all of this would turn on a fireball shooter that
> would send fireballs all over the level. I tried putting coins in the
> slots (I think there are two of them, or else one and a keyhole).
> However, I have not been able to get the fireballs to turn on. Can
> anyone tell me how to get this thing firing?

The minimum this will require to be fully functional is 4 coins and 2
iron keys. If you need to turn it on, it will require an additional
iron key in the slot *right* next to the lightning launcher to get it
started. Personally, I've found it more trouble than it's worth, so I
leave it shut off.
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug "Speaker-To-Insects" Yanega      "UT!"       Bitnet: KUENTO@UKANVAX
My card: 0 The Fool       (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
"I'll employ my resources to make your puny lives miserable! I'll crush
your pitiful dreams and ambitions like bugs in the dust!" - Calvin