[comp.sys.amiga.games] HELP! I just started Captive.

lipo@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Pat Lipo) (02/20/91)

    I just picked up Captive for my 3000 and it looks pretty cool.  I have gone
down into the first base, went everywhere (not much to see) and tried blowing
up the base.  However, after I toss that dynamite at the generators and high
tail it out of there, I try leaving through the big green, round door that
I entered through (as that's the only door I can find.)  However, when I run
outside, I find myself trapped in this little 1-square walled-in area.  So as
I frantically bump myself into all surrounding walls as the explosions get
closer and closer, until BOOM!  I'm dead.
    I've tried a slew of different devices and ideas (force shield?  fire
shield?  Anti-grav?)  and nothing has gotten me past that point.  This is kind
of frustrating, having been stuck on this particular problem for >50% of my
accumulated playing time (which isn't much, now that this has happened.)
    The planet is the first one they told me to go to (I can't remmember the
name, but I think the coords were 72N, 8W.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Nice game, though it has its weak points.
If you could reply via email, that would be cool.

Thanx,
Pat
         ////-----------------------------------------------------------
  Pat   ////       "Now that you have pulled the pin out of Mr. Grenade,
(Spam?)////lipo@macc.wisc.edu              he is no longer your friend."
      ////lipo@wiscmac3.BitNet             --Sgt. Servo,
\\\\ ////MACC Communications Facility             _Phoenix Command:_
 \\\X///University of Wisconsin, Madison      _Small_Arms_Combat_System_
  \XXX/-----------------------------------------------------------------

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.044151.17500@macc.wisc.edu>, Pat Lipo writes:

>     I just picked up Captive for my 3000 and it looks pretty cool.  I have gone
> down into the first base, went everywhere (not much to see) and tried blowing
> up the base.  However, after I toss that dynamite at the generators and high
> tail it out of there, I try leaving through the big green, round door that
> I entered through (as that's the only door I can find.)  However, when I run
> outside, I find myself trapped in this little 1-square walled-in area.  So as
> I frantically bump myself into all surrounding walls as the explosions get
> closer and closer, until BOOM!  I'm dead.

just turn around, and press the code on the door, and then you're out.

>   Pat   ////       "Now that you have pulled the pin out of Mr. Grenade,

Dac
--
David Andrew Clayton. // _l _  _ dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au    *or*|I Post .
Canberra, Australia.\X/ (_](_l(_ dac@prolix.ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au|      . . I Am