[comp.sys.amiga.games] Wayne Gretzgy Hockey...

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) (02/13/91)

I recently got WGH and I have a few questions.

1) is there any way to NOT have to watch the Zamboni clean the ice between
	periods? RTFM and learned nothing...

2) I've got a stock 2000 (with 3 megs on a 8-UP! board) and 2 drives.  I can't
	get the game to boot on my machine but it boots fine on my roommate's
	500 (1 meg, 2 drives).  I figure I need to run nofastmem, but does it
	survive a warm boot?  I really want to play this game without having
	to keep my roommate up at night...

e-mail please...

Thanks,

AMH
--
* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!| Support the troops
* Indiana University |   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |  in Saudi Arabia!

levin@world.std.com (Levin F Magruder) (02/20/91)

In article <EbiPb3C00VpLIS6Fdd@andrew.cmu.edu> sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) writes:
>amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) writes:
>2) I've got a stock 2000 (with 3 megs on a 8-UP! board) and 2 drives.  I can't
>	get the game to boot on my machine but it boots fine on my roommate's
>	500 (1 meg, 2 drives).  I figure I need to run nofastmem, but does it
>	survive a warm boot?  I really want to play this game without having
>	to keep my roommate up at night...

I have WGH, and it won't usually boot on a stock 500.  Unless you walk
away and wait for 5-15 minutes (literally).

That's how I use it.  Just wait.  And the fight scenes have NEVER come
on.  So I guess it's broke.  Like Mr. sk2x+ said, I've heard that
Bethesda has good customer service.  But I haven't tried it.

Just today, I got something in the mail from them - a discounted
offer on hockey league simulator.  I couldn't tell if it includes
a new version of the core game... anyone know?

Paulo.Ferreira@zswamp.fidonet.org (Paulo Ferreira) (02/21/91)

> And the fight scenes have NEVER come on so I guess it's broke

 No, the fight scenes only come on with 1 meg.

> Just today, I got something in the mail from them - a discounted
> offer on hockey league simulator.  I couldn't tell if it includes
> a new version of the core game... anyone know?

 THe Hockey League sim is an addition to the actual game.  YOu have

to have the original game in order ro use it.  It contains features
to help you run a league (i.e. Stats Update, draft players, schedules,
etc.)

--
Paulo Ferreira - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!Paulo.Ferreira

davidb@psych.toronto.edu (David Brodbeck) (02/22/91)

In article <6843.27C355CB@zswamp.fidonet.org> Paulo.Ferreira@zswamp.fidonet.org (Paulo Ferreira) writes:
>> And the fight scenes have NEVER come on so I guess it's broke
> No, the fight scenes only come on with 1 meg.
>> Just today, I got something in the mail from them - a discounted
>> offer on hockey league simulator.  I couldn't tell if it includes
>> a new version of the core game... anyone know?
>
> THe Hockey League sim is an addition to the actual game.  YOu have
>to have the original game in order ro use it.  It contains features
 <stuff deleted>
 Actually you can run it on its own as a simulation of managing an NHL team
(making trades, paying players, picking guys up off waivers etc.
>--
>Paulo Ferreira - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
>UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!Paulo.Ferreira
>Internet: Paulo.Ferreira@zswamp.fidonet.org

--
                          Dave Brodbeck - U of T Psych
                     The chickadees are not what they seem

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (02/23/91)

I have used WGH on a stock 500, 2000, and modified of both, never
with *any* problems whatsoever.

I even see the fight scenes.
--
            "Hey! Wooly's gone apeshit, man!" -Dawn Of The Dead