[comp.sys.amiga.games] Csb help

nealet@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Neale Type) (02/01/91)

Hello There,

help very much needed please...
i am stuck in the neutral area right above the DDD, i have taken care (for the
mean time) of those fire elementals (?) but can't seem to get to the far
side of the room, there are a couple of pits and a blue mist which i can
enter... but can't seem to find a way of closing the pits???
any ideas guys??

neale

Neale Type , Computing Service      ///   | *UK 1990 Kickoff Champion *
University of Sussex, Falmer    \\\///    |     nealet @ syma.sussex.ac.uk
England.   BN1 9QH               \X//     |      ccfe7 @ cluster.sussex.ac.uk

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/03/91)

RE: pits on DDD MAIN LEVEL....the two pits near the mist cannot be
closed...do as the message says and ENTER THE PIT (use rope, of course)
The pit that lies to the SOUTH or the inscription, "FIGHTERS CHARGE"
can only be closed with the help of one of ROCK PILES (or DEMONS)
on the pressure plate in front of said inscription, and this will
be temporary, so move FAST....the pit that lies directly to the NORTH
of the pits with the inscription, "ENTER the PIT", cannot be closed
from this level. If you played DM1, then you may recall the level
with "ENLARGE MY VIEW"....you'll know the spot when you come to it
in this game....good luck! I've completed CSB and am looking through
the last level for things I may have missed....

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

rlawrence@halluc.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Lawrence) (02/11/91)

Well, here's some hints for some places people have been asking about
lately. I'll try to make them as general as possible without frustrating
people...

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! ******************************

Okay, about "The Bridge:"

Try hitting the button and turning around real quick. This should give
you the idea.

"Prove you are a Magician:" You need to cast a spell. A spell you really
only had to cast once in DM.

Solving these two puzzles will lead you to a third one that had me going
for a while. Remember you don't always have to be right next to a
pressure plate to put things on it. Watch CAREFULLY for pits. Have your
vorpal blades (I've found two) or weaken non-material beings spells
ready.

In general, if you can't get a door open, try casting high level
fireballs at it or picking it if you are lucky enough to have a lockpick
set (use a Ninja to pick locks).
  This seems to work on pretty much all button doors (even metal bar
ones) and any door that would use either a gold or a iron key.

Now, for the weird part: I'm playing the game through the second time.
The first time, I had two pieces of corbum but couldn't for the life of
me find the others. This time I've got the map and "cheater" characters,
since I was really tired of bringing my characters up levels. Bizarre
things that have happened to me this game:

1) The big dragon under the DDD WASN'T THERE. In fact, he was dead. I
found a bunch of dragon steaks where he should have been. What the hell?

2) After moving down the "Dead End" on the KU path off of the DDD, the
part of the tunnel that is blocked off DIDN'T DISAPPEAR. This really
sucks, because I'm pretty sure it's a bug and I'm going to have to back
to an earlier save. Walking up and down the path doesn't bring on more
Deth Knights, like it did in my last game.

3) I'm finding a lot of stuff that I swear wasn't there the first time I
played. Like, complete sections of dungeon. I dunno; maybe I better just
get a complete set of maps.

-Rich Lawrence, Sysop:Hallucination 703-425-5824 Amiga/Atari/Mac
rlawrence@halluc.fidonet.org
CI$:71101,2272
Fido: 1:109/345

--
Richard Lawrence - via FidoNet node 1:109/345
UUCP: ...!uunet!halluc!rlawrence

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/14/91)

RE: CHAOS HELP SPOILERS......Hmmmm - I can't for the life of me figure
that first one out! Why the dragon would be dead is wierd! However,
the next point regarding the second path of the KU WAY (KU CORBUM)
from the DDD main level, this dead end will BE a dead end if you don't
do it right! Approximately 4 seconds after the DETH KNIGHTS are
teleported in behind you, the "DEAD END" will open up, but
MOMENTARILY...So, just keep walking toward the blank wall after you
hear the KNIGHTS 'clunking'. If you turn and fight them the wall closes
up if you're too far away! This isn't a bug - it's documented in THE
ADVENTURER'S HANDBOOK!
Thirdly, the game uses RANDOM ITEMS...so something that was on Level
7 one time, will be maybe dropped by a GIGGLER on Level 7 or something.
There are QUITE a few! For example, I found LOCK PICKS on Level one
(CHAOS LEVEL) the first time I played, and the second time I found

them on Level 10 (Ground Zero) Anyway, its a FANTASTIC GAME, ISN'T
IT??                             *HAPPY ADVENTURING!!*

--

flax@Mizar.DoCS.UU.SE (Jonas Flygare) (02/23/91)

In article <6813.27BB79EA@zswamp.fidonet.org>,
Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) writes:
> RE: CHAOS HELP SPOILERS......Hmmmm - I can't for the life of me figure
> that first one out! Why the dragon would be dead is wierd! However,

I think that if you fall _on top_ of the dragon you have a good chance of
killing it. I used a magic box to freeze a dragon just below a trapdoor, and
when my four brave adventurers (with heavy armor) fell on top of it it
died instantaneously. (Puff of smoke & all.. :-)

+ flax@mizar.docs.uu.se + "Alcohol is a powerful stimulant. It is never used
+ ( Jonas Flygare )     + in its pure state in medicine, but when diluted
+ ( aka Mad Flax  )     + forms a useful remedy in many diseases. It is
+                       + generally employed in the form of whisky, gin, rum,
+                       + brandy and wine" (Dr. Pierce's Medical Adviser, 1879)