[comp.sys.amiga.games] Question About Tetris... And Look Alikes...

ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (Ernest J. Gainey III) (02/19/91)

Hello all,

 I was just remembering... a long time ago... I had seen a tetris look
 alike... that was PD... and the author included the source for it in
 Assembler... in an attempt to teach some programming techniques...
 (he says he used to work for some commercial companies)...

 well, anyways, its quite a good version, it was also two player...
 (at the same time..).. nice gfx, and great sound...

 I been looking for my copy, and cant find it... and would really
 like to find it again...

 So, i guess what im asking is.. does anyone remember this game?

  and do they know where I can get a copy... again... :-)

Thanks to anyone who can direct me In the right direction.. :-)

Ernest J. Gainey III   Home: ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us        //\\
 The Amiga Aquarium  School:  gainey03@snybufva.bitnet          //==\\
  +1 716 999-9999    Snail :61 Tarkington,Tonawanda,NY 14150 \\//    \\miga!

farren@sat.com (Michael J. Farren) (02/24/91)

ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us writes:
> I was just remembering... a long time ago... I had seen a tetris look
> alike... that was PD... and the author included the source for it in
> Assembler... in an attempt to teach some programming techniques...

The game you want is UTETR.  I've forgotten the name of the author, but
I found it on one of the local BBS systems, so it's out there.

BEWARE: the author is very full of himself, and goes on and on about
some programming practices which are dubious at best, claiming them
to be the "perfect way".  As in all cases, use your own judgement.
| Michael J. Farren                                      farren@sat.com |
|                        He's moody, but he's cute.                     |