[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM I Help-9th level

gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) (02/18/91)

HEEEEELLLLLLLLLP!

Imagine, if you will, a poor helpless adventureress standing on level 9.
The adventuress is looking at a door. Next to the door there is a lever.
Beyond the door, there is a chest. If you pull the lever, then the chest
falls through a pit and you have to wander back down the hall and go down
these little stairs to retrieve the chest.

In this chest is a green gem and a scroll that reads "put it back." Her
question is: How do you get the door open?

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
<  FRANK BRANHAM                      | Pope Zippy the Wonder Porpoise of the  >

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/20/91)

RE: LEVEL 9, DM 1, THE CHEST IN THE PIT PUZZLE.....OK. What you should
do is go PAST this door, andtake the 1st right, then right again.
You will come to stairs going UP. Go up the stairs and you will be
in a short hall w/a pit at the end. Use the rope to descend this pit.
You will find yourself on the other side of aforementioned gate on
the level below. Before you go into the pit, check this little area
thoroughly for hidden items! The jewel in the chest w/the scroll that
says: PUT THE GEM BACK - I have not found any significance to this.
I didn't notice any difference whether I put the gem back or not!
Incidentely, it IS possible to go up the WHAT IS ABOVE....hall w/the
fireball cannons without getting hit by ANY of the fireballs! It DOES
take practice!! Good luck!!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

farren@sat.com (Michael J. Farren) (02/24/91)

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org writes:
>The jewel in the chest w/the scroll that says: PUT THE GEM BACK -
>I have not found any significance to this. I didn't notice any difference
>whether I put the gem back or not!

Well, *I* sure did!  If you don't call making all of the monsters REALLY
agressive, and causing monster creation to step up at least tenfold a
difference, then you must have some right powerful characters!  I put that
sucker back real quick!
| Michael J. Farren                                      farren@sat.com |
|                        He's moody, but he's cute.                     |