[comp.sys.amiga.games] SpeedBall 2

jmartin@cbnewsd.att.com (john.m.martin) (08/30/90)

Has anyone seen Speedball 2 yet? I have the original (Speedball) and
love the game!! I was recently in London and I saw a magazine article
that showed some screen shots and told a little about the game play.

Just wondering when I'll be able to get my copy.

John

buffa@cuba.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (08/31/90)

In article <1990Aug29.190123.17630@cbnewsd.att.com>, jmartin@cbnewsd.att.com
(john.m.martin) writes:
> Has anyone seen Speedball 2 yet? I have the original (Speedball) and
> love the game!! I was recently in London and I saw a magazine article
> that showed some screen shots and told a little about the game play.
>
> Just wondering when I'll be able to get my copy.

I read in a French newspaper magazine that it will be out for christmas. It's
true speedball 1 was a great game !!!

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.202923.610@ingres.Ingres.COM> edg@Ingres.COM (Ed Goldman) writes:
>In article <1991Feb15.053139.19489@portia.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:

>>Could we get a brief synopsis of the game?  I have the first SpeedBall, and
>>it is by far the best arcade game I own.  It sounds like exactly what you
>>described, though-- what makes number 2 different?
>>
>I've never played SB I, but here's what I know about II:
>
>[stuff about SpeedBall II]
>
>If you liked the first one, I'm sure you'll love this one.

Great!  Screw Lemmings, I'm waiting for this!

3 questions:

1) How's the animation/sound.  I'd think it'd be hard to improve on the first
   one, here.

2) You're in California.  This weekend it hadn't been released in the states,
   yet.  Is it out now?

3) HD installible?  (Fat Chance-- I don't really care about this one when it
   comes to SpeedBall.  Just for everyone else's info)

>-edg-

Dave Hopper      |      /// The Amiga:      | The great strength of the total-
                 | __  ///                  | itarian state is that it forces
bard@jessica.    | \\\/// The Cybernetic    | those who fear it to imitate it.
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Revolution is NOW! |               --Adolph Hitler

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.104918.5346@portia.Stanford.EDU>,
bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) says:

[stuff about SpeedBall II]

A little warning: SpeedBallII does not work on my 2000 with a 68010, and
I assume it will also not work with an '020/'030/etc. That's the game
I'm speaking of. The copy protection will probably fail too, since it uses
a very CPU-speed-dependent loop to find out how fast bytes are comming in
from the protection track (i.e. bit density). So if you have an accelerated
machine you'll have to wait for the nice, bug-free, pirated version. :-(

-- Dan Babcock

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (02/23/91)

[]
Dan Babcock stated that SpeedBall II does not run on non 68000 based machines.

I am disapointed.  I imagine it is a European game.  Why is it that so
many Euro Games seem to view the Amiga line as entirely being 1 floppy,
512k stock A500's.  It just sickens me.  And the games are often the
best around!  This sort of shoddy programming, there is just NO
excuse for it in my opinion.  Especially when so many of the games
are ones I would LOVE to buy for my A3000!

-Rohger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (02/23/91)

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:

>I am disapointed.  I imagine it is a European game.  Why is it that so
>many Euro Games seem to view the Amiga line as entirely being 1 floppy,
>512k stock A500's.  It just sickens me.  And the games are often the
>best around!  This sort of shoddy programming, there is just NO
>excuse for it in my opinion.  Especially when so many of the games
>are ones I would LOVE to buy for my A3000!

...And the band played on...

--
		"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
		 He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA"  - The The

Pete Ashdown  pashdown@javelin.sim.es.com ...uunet!javelin.sim.es.com!pashdown

drz@csri.toronto.edu (Jerry Zarycky) (02/24/91)

Does anyone know if SpeedBall 2 runs on an Amiga 3000??

Jerry Zarycky

Usenet:	{uunet,watmath}!csri.toronto.edu!drz
CSNET:	drz@csri.toronto.edu         EAN:   drz@csri.toronto.cdn
BITNET:	drz@csri.utoronto