[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM1: Possible extra spells

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) (02/20/91)

 Ths list below I extracted from a message a long time ago concerning
 Chaos Strikes Back. Just for amusement I thoug I'd try them on DM1
 assuming without a hand-held map they wouldn't work. I cant see how to
 do GOR IR spells since they are both on the same thingy and not useable
 simultaneously. So what are these spells ??

Here we go....

More Spells from DM2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Find a dragon and cast MON ZO GOR SAR and hit ESC to pause the game. Hold
down the ALT key and type in LORD LIBRASULUS SMITHES THEE DOWN. Unpause
the game and slay the beast. He leaves behind a firestaff and your party
will be invincible.

Undocumented Spells:

GOR IR KU   - Detects Monsters
GOR IR ROS  - Detects fake walls and "invisible" (actually hard to see) pits
GOR IR DAIN - Detects "magic" on screen?
ZO IR NETA  - Anchors the map at the point of casting so that as you move
              around, the map view stays at the anchored position.

OK ?

              John Upham, (Chemical Physics Ph.D)

              University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.

              Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet)
                     kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster       (Janet)
                     johnu%syma.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac    (BITnet)
                     johnu@uk.ac.susx.syma          (Janet)
              Tel:   +44 273 680500 (eve)
              Tel:   +44 273 678332 (day)
              Fax:   +44 273 671966

  "I've counted them all out and I've counted them all back"
   Murray Walker (?) commentating on the restart at F1 WC, Spa, 1990

teexand@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Andrew Dawson) (02/21/91)

In <4535@syma.sussex.ac.uk> johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) writes:

>Find a dragon and cast MON ZO GOR SAR and hit ESC to pause the game. Hold
>down the ALT key and type in LORD LIBRASULUS SMITHES THEE DOWN. Unpause
>the game and slay the beast. He leaves behind a firestaff and your party
>will be invincible.

Have you actually tried this? - a magazine printed this as an April fool's
joke last year and it has propagated from there to just about every other
magazine and bulletin board around ever since.

--
Andrew Dawson, Computer Centre, University College London, Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT, England.

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/23/91)

RE: LORD LIBERSERUS (OR WHATEVER) CHEAT: THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU CANNOT CAST MON ZO GOR SAR!!!!!!! All it tells you is "character
mumbles an indecipherable spell" Then, even if you go on and type
in that line, it just doesn't work!! End of myth!!!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) (02/24/91)

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) writes:

> Here we go....
>

> More Spells from DM2
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> Find a dragon and cast MON ZO GOR SAR and hit ESC to pause the game. Hold
> down the ALT key and type in LORD LIBRASULUS SMITHES THEE DOWN. Unpause
> the game and slay the beast. He leaves behind a firestaff and your party
> will be invincible.
>
> Undocumented Spells:
>
> GOR IR KU   - Detects Monsters
> GOR IR ROS  - Detects fake walls and "invisible" (actually hard to see) pits
> GOR IR DAIN - Detects "magic" on screen?
> ZO IR NETA  - Anchors the map at the point of casting so that as you move
>               around, the map view stays at the anchored position.
>

> OK ?

The above information does not work!  We tried to set the spells, but GOR
and IR are on the same power level.  Once you select GOR, then you CANNOT
select IR... And the spell to use against the dragon is impossible.

If you have done this.. then you must have a STRANGE copy.. and if IT can
be done, please state the EXACT way...

(This is not a flame...)

David D. Dean, President       "Living in a 3-D world."
Explorer Post 891
AT&T Bell Laboratories          Columbus, Ohio
dddean@bluemoon.uucp

**** Any opinions are that of the author, and NOT of AT&T ****

arxt@quads.uchicago.edu (patrick palmer) (02/24/91)

In article <2a2TX3w163w@bluemoon.uucp> dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean)
writes:

>johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) writes:

>> More Spells from DM2
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Undocumented Spells:
>>
>> GOR IR KU   - Detects Monsters
>> GOR IR ROS  - Detects fake walls and "invisible" (actually hard to see) pits
>> GOR IR DAIN - Detects "magic" on screen?
>> ZO IR NETA  - Anchors the map at the point of casting so that as you move
>>               around, the map view stays at the anchored position.
>> OK ?

>The above information does not work!  We tried to set the spells, but GOR
>and IR are on the same power level.  Once you select GOR, then you CANNOT
>select IR... And the spell to use against the dragon is impossible.
>
>If you have done this.. then you must have a STRANGE copy.. and if IT can
>be done, please state the EXACT way...

The spells should be:

OH GOR KU

OH GOR ROS

OH GOR DAIN

ZO IR NETA

	- Aidan Palmer

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (02/24/91)

Concerning "mystery spells" in DM, and CSB...

The business about "Lord Librasulas smites thee down..."  was an
APRIL FOOLS JOKE printed in some British ST magazine...

It's incredible how this kind of BS gains a life of its own..

The GOR spells are from the Amiga version of Chaos Strikes Back..
they relate to the "mapping" spells FTL added to the Amiga version..
The Atari ST version doesn't have them.

BobR