[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM 1: Solutions for level 6

slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob) (02/05/91)

Okay, so we're on level 6.  In the big room with lots of skeletons wandering
around (the place where there are two magical boxes behind secret doors), there
is a place where there is a pressure plate.  If you stand on the plate, a secret
door opens and some skeletons come out to fight you. The trouble is, I can't
keep the door open, I've tried stacking things on the pressure plate, but the
only thing that opens it is when my party stands on it.  Do I have to strip
buck naked to open this door, putting all my belongings on the plate, or is
there some other way that some creative soul has figured out?

Slinkie
slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/05/91)

In article <15784@milton.u.washington.edu>, slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob) writes:
> Okay, so we're on level 6.  In the big room with lots of skeletons wandering
> around (the place where there are two magical boxes behind secret doors), there
> is a place where there is a pressure plate.  If you stand on the plate, a secret
> door opens and some skeletons come out to fight you. The trouble is, I can't
> keep the door open, I've tried stacking things on the pressure plate, but the
> only thing that opens it is when my party stands on it.  Do I have to strip
> buck naked to open this door, putting all my belongings on the plate, or is
> there some other way that some creative soul has figured out?
>

> Slinkie
> slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu

    I don't remember the exact place where you are--but if all else fails, try
putting a boulder or something UNDER the door itself.....

Jean

georgeh@geovision.gvc.com (George Hagilaris ) (02/05/91)

In article <15784@milton.u.washington.edu> slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob) writes:
>Okay, so we're on level 6.  In the big room with lots of skeletons wandering
>around (the place where there are two magical boxes behind secret doors), there
>is a place where there is a pressure plate.  If you stand on the plate, a secret
>door opens and some skeletons come out to fight you. The trouble is, I can't
>keep the door open, I've tried stacking things on the pressure plate, but the
[...]

Monsters will also trigger the pressure pad.  The only way I could figure out
how to get in the room was to _repeatedly_ lure skeletons toward the pressure
pad and then quickly move beside the wall hoping that they would step on the pad
so that I would be one step away from entering when the wall opened.  It took
me quite a while before I could get the skeletons to step on the pad while
I was beside the secret entrance.  It may help to try to lure a couple of
groups of skeletons into that area.

--
George of the Jungle

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) (02/06/91)

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) writes:

>In article <15784@milton.u.washington.edu>, slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob) writes:
>> door opens and some skeletons come out to fight you. The trouble is, I can't
>> keep the door open, I've tried stacking things on the pressure plate, but the
>> only thing that opens it is when my party stands on it.  Do I have to strip
>    I don't remember the exact place where you are--but if all else fails, try
>putting a boulder or something UNDER the door itself.....

No way. Think a little bit. Does it have to be your party standing on
the plate? Wouldn't someone (thing) else standing on the plate do it?

 James Gary, BA,MS,SWM      U. of Kentucky       jgary@ms.uky.edu
"Prosecuters will be violated."

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/06/91)

RE: Stripping naked to get into the room....don't! You'll scare all
the Monsters! :-) *****SPOILER FOLLOWS**** No, really, what you do
is find a skeleton, get him to stand on the same spot, freeze him
with a magic box, and scoot in! Actually, I've done it without a box,
you just have to be FAST! ENJOY!! I just finished Dungeon Master for
about the umpteenth time, and loved it all over again!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

fsadl@acad3.alaska.edu (LOOMIS ANDREW D) (02/09/91)

In article <15784@milton.u.washington.edu>, slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob) writes...
>Okay, so we're on level 6.  In the big room with lots of skeletons wandering
>around (the place where there are two magical boxes behind secret doors), there
>is a place where there is a pressure plate.  If you stand on the plate, a secret
>door opens and some skeletons come out to fight you. The trouble is, I can't
>keep the door open, I've tried stacking things on the pressure plate, but the
>only thing that opens it is when my party stands on it.  Do I have to strip
>buck naked to open this door, putting all my belongings on the plate, or is
>there some other way that some creative soul has figured out?
>

>Slinkie
>slinkie@milton.u.washington.edu
Try readying a magic box in one character's hand, leading the skeletons to the
pressure plate and then freezing life.  That will freeze the skeletons on the
pressure plate giving you plenty of time to get through the false wall.

Andrew Loomis
Bitnet: FSADL@ALASKA
Internet: FSADL@ACAD3.ALASKA.EDU

I must be a bush pilot; I learned to fly in Alaska.

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/25/91)

RE: KEEPING THE DOOR OPEN....Jean, the area this chap is referring
to is the area entitled "IF YOU'RE SMART YOU BETTER RUN" or words
to that effect, and the LEFT door says "I HATE COWARDS" The room he's
talking about is the RIGHT corridor with all the FLOATING EYES and
SKELETONS. There's a spot in there where a section of the wall will
open up when you stand on it, but will close when you step off. Objects
placed here won't activate it. What I had told him to do, was to freeze
a SKELETON on that spot, and then get into the opening. Once inside,
a button in there keeps everything open. Maybe you never found that
one! TTYL!