[comp.sys.amiga.games] LEMMINGS DEMO on abc20

stephen@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Stephen Holmstead) (02/26/91)

Dave Jones, author of Amiga Lemmings, wrote:

>[stuff deleted]
>After saying all this though I have a proposition. We wrote Lemmings
>in a very modular way . . . [more deleted]
>to the extent that we can have a HD intstallable version
>running in 2 weeks time. I have proposed, Psygnosis have agreed, that
>they will offer this version. It will require a minimum of 1 MEG of memory
>(though only 512K of chip RAM will suffice).

That is an EXCELLENT proposal!  I'd buy that version right away!  Where
do I send my money?

>IF this version is successful,
>(we should be able to offer an upgrade to users who have already bought the
>game but want a HD version), then maybe Psygnosis will be swayed this way
>for future products. We will probably switch to codeword protection
>for future games (we MUST have some form of protection), and maybe
>offer a 1 Meg HD AmigaDOS version for HD users.

I'm sure that there are plenty of people here on USENET that would be
willing to make this version successful.  I'll drop my money on the
table to prove to Psygnosis that HD installable is a NEEDED feature.
Come on, people!  You asked for HD installable, let's support it if it
comes!

|___\   /   /___| Division         \X/ Amiga        stephen@hpdmlge.boi.hp.com