[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings and piracy....

rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) (02/22/91)

   For those who may not know, Lemmings can be had for $7.95 if you
have a 'decent' magazine shop near you...

   It was included (free) with the December 1990 Amiga Format magazine.
It can still be back ordered... look in Amiga World for places that sell
it (Amiga Format)... its a cool no-nonsense british publication that pulls
no punches in dealing with software (often you see adds for games right
next to articles that rip that game to shreds...)

   This is the same Amiga Format edition that had the first level of
the Total Recall game included with it...

   all I know is $8.00 for the magazine + game has got to be less than
whatever it sells for as a stand alone...

jimac@ferris.cray.com (Jim Macura) (02/23/91)

In article <1007@uncw.UUCP> rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) writes:

>   For those who may not know, Lemmings can be had for $7.95 if you
>have a 'decent' magazine shop near you...
>
>   It was included (free) with the December 1990 Amiga Format magazine.
>It can still be back ordered... look in Amiga World for places that sell
>it (Amiga Format)... its a cool no-nonsense british publication that pulls
>no punches in dealing with software (often you see adds for games right
>next to articles that rip that game to shreds...)
>
>   This is the same Amiga Format edition that had the first level of
>the Total Recall game included with it...
>
>   all I know is $8.00 for the magazine + game has got to be less than
>whatever it sells for as a stand alone...

Errrrr.....  I don't think Amiga Format has ever included the full version of
Lemmings on its coverdisk.  They *did* provide a 3-level demo however.

I do agree with you about the magazine though.  It has to be the best Amiga
mag available in the UK.  (I buy it every month).

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (02/23/91)

In article <1007@uncw.UUCP> rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) writes:
}
}   For those who may not know, Lemmings can be had for $7.95 if you
}have a 'decent' magazine shop near you...
}
}   It was included (free) with the December 1990 Amiga Format magazine.
}It can still be back ordered... look in Amiga World for places that sell
}it (Amiga Format)... its a cool no-nonsense british publication that pulls
}no punches in dealing with software (often you see adds for games right
}next to articles that rip that game to shreds...)
}
}   This is the same Amiga Format edition that had the first level of
}the Total Recall game included with it...
}
}   all I know is $8.00 for the magazine + game has got to be less than
}whatever it sells for as a stand alone...

You have to be kidding me. You don't honestly think Amiga Format would
give the whole game away, do you? If you look real close at the cover
you will see it say that it is a PLAYABLE DEMO with only 3 LEVELS out
of the total of 100 in the release. I have the mag as well.

				-Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) (02/26/91)

rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) writes:

>   For those who may not know, Lemmings can be had for $7.95 if you
>have a 'decent' magazine shop near you...

>   It was included (free) with the December 1990 Amiga Format magazine.
>It can still be back ordered... look in Amiga World for places that sell
>it (Amiga Format)... its a cool no-nonsense british publication that pulls
>no punches in dealing with software (often you see adds for games right
>next to articles that rip that game to shreds...)

>   This is the same Amiga Format edition that had the first level of
>the Total Recall game included with it...

>   all I know is $8.00 for the magazine + game has got to be less than
>whatever it sells for as a stand alone...

Bzzt. Try again. The Amiga Format coverdisk had a 40-50k preview of it.
Does 3 levels. There are 150 levels on the full game. That's quite a
difference.
	Tabor Wells
	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu
|------------------------------------| "Life. You're born. You live. You  |
|	Tabor Wells		     |   go on some diets. You die.       |
|	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu	     |	        			  |

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu writes:
>Au contraire, my friend; that is the DEMO version of the game, which is
>fun as it is, but can't compare to LEMMINGS' 120 levels...
                                              ^^^
 Well actually there are 140 levels. 120 1 player levels & 20 of the most
 viscious 2 player levels... BTW for those of you who haven't tried 2 player
 lemmings go get a friend & an extra mouse & try it. Very fun...