[comp.sys.amiga.games] OMNI Mag. raves Amiga

IO92257@MAINE.BITNET (02/22/91)

Recently Seen In this Month's Omni Mag:
"Great games are still coming out for
the Amiga, but the IBM machines are
become superior for gaming, and therefore
have most of the top games this year. "

They then go on to list Wing Commander as
the best game of the year, but they also
list about five games out of ten that are
Amiga.  This includes Shadow of the Beast
II...they were blown away by it's graphics.
Wings was a Special mention.

Omni is a major mag, and I had no idea
that they held the position that the Amy
was the dominant game machine!  It seems
that in thier minds, it is losing it's
dominance however.  I feel that the Amy is
still the best game machine  (Hey, you have
to get a 386SX with Roland and VGA....to
touch a Amiga 500!!!)  Sorry, Adlib sucks!!!

But the Amy is losing ground fast...the
Base model, the A500 needs to be souped up,
before I have to buy a I*M to play my games.
(Please, NOooooooo!!!!!)
-Cutter

bill@dmntor.UUCP (Bill Kyle) (02/26/91)

In article <91052.161508IO92257@MAINE.BITNET> IO92257@MAINE.BITNET writes:
>Recently Seen In this Month's Omni Mag:
>"Great games are still coming out for
>the Amiga, but the IBM machines are
>become superior for gaming, and therefore
>have most of the top games this year. "
>
>They then go on to list Wing Commander as
>the best game of the year, but they also
>list about five games out of ten that are
>Amiga.  This includes Shadow of the Beast
>II...they were blown away by it's graphics.
>Wings was a Special mention.
>
>Omni is a major mag, and I had no idea
>that they held the position that the Amy
>was the dominant game machine!  It seems
>that in thier minds, it is losing it's
>dominance however.  I feel that the Amy is
>still the best game machine  (Hey, you have
>to get a 386SX with Roland and VGA....to
>touch a Amiga 500!!!)  Sorry, Adlib sucks!!!
>
>But the Amy is losing ground fast...the
>Base model, the A500 needs to be souped up,
>before I have to buy a I*M to play my games.
>(Please, NOooooooo!!!!!)
>-Cutter

You have to watch what OMNI says sometimes, they can be very political
about their "reviews". I recall years ago OMNI giving a very favorable
review of 2010 (the sequel to the classic 2001:A Space...). They pumped
up the movie like it was the best film since 2001. And wouldn't you
know, that in a beach scene at the very start of the movie is a fictitional
OMNI mag being read by one of the "stars". A not so subtle little plug for
OMNI in exchange for a some nice press from OMNI. Oh yes.....the movie was
terrible, 2010 was as shitty as 2001 was great.

I don't take OMNI seriously about their pysdo-science. I would take them
even less serious about computer reviews.