[comp.sys.amiga.games] Chaos... hintbook now available

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (02/17/91)

Anyone who's still stuck in Chaos Strikes Back should give FTL Games a call
and order their hintbook...

Their phone number is: (619) 453-5711

BobR

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (02/18/91)

In article <39368@cup.portal.com>, Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com says:

>Anyone who's still stuck in Chaos Strikes Back should give FTL Games a call
>and order their hintbook...

There's a better 3rd party hint kit out now (called the Dungeon Master
Survival Kit). It covers both Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back
and includes: complete dungeon maps (very nicely drawn), walk thru,
Hall of Champions list/stats/map, scroll of spells, and character editors.

-- Dan Babcock

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/19/91)

In article <91048.150129DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu>, DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> In article <39368@cup.portal.com>, Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com says:
>
>>Anyone who's still stuck in Chaos Strikes Back should give FTL Games a call
>>and order their hintbook...
>
> There's a better 3rd party hint kit out now (called the Dungeon Master
> Survival Kit). It covers both Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back
> and includes: complete dungeon maps (very nicely drawn), walk thru,
> Hall of Champions list/stats/map, scroll of spells, and character editors.

      So where can one get this book?  My local stores around here don't
carry it.  For the CSB book, I've almost resigned myself to mail-ordering
it.  But I prefer to go pay for and bring home on the same day. (What a
concept!)

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +   Why, I've got couth I ain't   +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         even used yet!          +
+                           +                                 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/19/91)

RE: ORDERING A CHAOS HINTBOOK.....FEAR NOT, Jean!! I will help you
through those toughies! I notice some killjoy gave the POWER TOWERS
thing away! I prefer subtle hints, to help you, not giving it all
away! Anyway, whenever you're stuck, I follow the Games Base EVERY
DAY! I LOVE answering these letters!! L8R!!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/23/91)

In article <6835.27C27375@zswamp.fidonet.org>, Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) writes:
> RE: ORDERING A CHAOS HINTBOOK.....FEAR NOT, Jean!! I will help you
> through those toughies! I notice some killjoy gave the POWER TOWERS
> thing away! I prefer subtle hints, to help you, not giving it all
> away! Anyway, whenever you're stuck, I follow the Games Base EVERY
> DAY! I LOVE answering these letters!! L8R!!
     Fear not, the man says!  Hah!

Well, I feel like a real dummy about the power towers. I was already wearing
the stupid things when I asked the question.  And to tell you the truth, I
forgot about the Oracle.....   At my house the Oracle is easier to use,
however,,
since we have 3 amigas here...

I congratulate you on finishing the game.  I only get to seriously play on
the weekends.  By that time, it's easy to forget just exactly what I did
last time.....Thank good ness for SAVE.

I only have one corbum, have no idea where FUL YA is, and my never find it.
:-(

Did anyone else here notice that FUL YA sounds an awful lot like FOOL YA!
Just a thought........

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +   Why, I've got couth I ain't   +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         even used yet!          +
+                           +                                 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/25/91)

RE: FINDING THE "FOOL YA" PIT!! Ha ha! Good one, Jean! I never thought
of that! Anyway, you're closer to the FUL YA pit than you realize!
It is just ONE level up from each or the CORBUM PATH ENDINGS! Didn't
you notice the 'shimmering door' open when you got a CORBUM? But,
take the advice I gave another chap: Wait 'till you have all 4 CORBUMS
before trying to get to the FUL YA pit! By all means, go up and explore
each entrance to the CHAOS LEVEL (level 1) But complete ALL the CORBUM
PATHS FIRST, before heading to the FUL YA PIT! (It lies in the center
of the DEMON'S LAIR and if you open the door w/the SKELETON KEY, you
let them all out to FRY you're ASS! Have fun! TTYL!

--

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (02/26/91)

In article <6875.27C89A99@zswamp.fidonet.org>, Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) writes:
> RE: FINDING THE "FOOL YA" PIT!! Ha ha! Good one, Jean! I never thought
> of that! Anyway, you're closer to the FUL YA pit than you realize!
> It is just ONE level up from each or the CORBUM PATH ENDINGS! Didn't
> you notice the 'shimmering door' open when you got a CORBUM? But,
> take the advice I gave another chap: Wait 'till you have all 4 CORBUMS
> before trying to get to the FUL YA pit! By all means, go up and explore
> each entrance to the CHAOS LEVEL (level 1) But complete ALL the CORBUM
> PATHS FIRST, before heading to the FUL YA PIT! (It lies in the center
> of the DEMON'S LAIR and if you open the door w/the SKELETON KEY, you
> let them all out to FRY you're ASS! Have fun! TTYL!

    So that's where it is!  Yes, I *have* seen one of those shimmering doors,
but was unable to find a way through it.  And at the time, I didn't have
even the one corbum I have now.     Will I need a special key? (stupid
question)

So far I have considered myself lucky
I haven't seen Chaos yet, although I understand other people have.

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/27/91)

RE: SPECIAL KEY FOR THE FUL YA PIT....Ohhhhhh yes!! You will need
the MASTER KEY to access the  PIT.....ONE of the DEMONS has it! And
he WON'T be wearing a sign that says, "hey! I got the MASTER KEY!"
And you'll see CHAOS soon enough! He's only on LEVEL 1 (topmost) You
can repel him with: WAR CRY, CROSS OF NETA, HORN OF FEAR or any magic
item that has "brandish" as an option.