[comp.sys.amiga.games] PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

pondscum@zooid (Lima Bone) (02/26/91)

 All you nifty Hard Drive people out there:

            STOP YOUR BLOODY WHINING.

 Its only a game...go home and talk to your wife for a change..I bet
she is more sick of lemmings than you are, and she doesn't even play
it.

 I have been reading these posts at work (can't append to USENET without
ACCESS, bah...I only read the Amiga bases and THEY wouldn't like that)
and am constantly PF4ing all these whiny messages saying 'waaaa! I want
my game to be able to boot on a hard drive' Lemme get this straight...
the game is on only ONE disk?? I can't see there being a problem.
for the extra 45 seconds or so you could easily:

A. Clean up your office/room a bit

B. Say hell to the kids for a change

C. Get some work done around the house/office :)

D. I dunno what you do with your spare time but you could be
doing it, I mean, its less than a minute usually.

 I have a hard drive, and while it would be nice to get a good game
to install on my hard drive, I WILL not petition/boycott the company
if its not. Take Dungeon Master, while it can be HD installable I am
told with a minor patch..I can't be bothered. I get to take some dishes
upstairs and maybe wash them. I can put some paper in the recycle box,
I can do all sorts of things..rewind a cassette. Wow..the possibilities
are absolutely unbounded. Perhaps non-HD'able games are actually a
blessing in disguise...for those who use Amigas at work, it could be
a trick to increase productivity, so you can work for the time instead
of instantly playing your game.

 Pardon this ONE long append. But reading the SAME messages OVER AND
OVER again, when you people FOLLOW up, ARGH! pf4 pf4 pf4!

 Moriland: I can understand you problem, but when you followed up on
that message by the person who wrote Amiga Lemmings and put down your
views right after each of his paragraphs, well, LIKE I CARE. That
message could easily have been made private, as you stated EVERYTHING
you said in it before, and if I remember the message correctly, the
programmer gets USENET feeds at work so I am sure he didn't need to
read it again.

 Lima Bone - Blisters on my right index finger. PF4 king.

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (02/27/91)

In article <csmyX3w162w@zooid> pondscum@zooid (Lima Bone) writes:
}
}
} All you nifty Hard Drive people out there:
}
}            STOP YOUR BLOODY WHINING.

The same could be said to you.

}
} Its only a game...go home and talk to your wife for a change..I bet
}she is more sick of lemmings than you are, and she doesn't even play
}it.

I'm not married.

}
[...]

Look, just because you don't care if it's HD installable or not
doesn't mean I don't. If you don't want to read all the rabble about
it then edit your KILL file and have your system automagicly delete
them! Unlike people like you who are willing to accept whatever drek
people put in front of them, some of us are unwilling to so the same
and we take action against it. Ranging from writing letters to
boycotting companies. If you do NOTHING NOTHING will change. Sure, its
only a game. Some of us take our entertainment seriously. I bet you go
and watch a lot of really bad movies as well: Afterall, it's ONLY a
movie. You can take the extra time during the boring parts to talk to
your wife, or say hello to your kids, or go home and make a sandwich.

				--Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (02/27/91)

>  All you nifty Hard Drive people out there:
>
>             STOP YOUR BLOODY WHINING.
>
>  Its only a game...go home and talk to your wife for a change..I bet
       ^^^^^^^^^^^
> she is more sick of lemmings than you are, and she doesn't even play
> it.

THANK YOU for those words! I personally LOVE LEMMINGS and don't give a
flying fig whether it can be played on a hard drive. Who cares? There are
planty of HDable games, and I have a few on my HD, but I'd rather keep
the room available for DTP software, fonts, and clip art.

In other words, KWITYERBITCHIN!

I have spoken.

                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
                                ~~~second-hand smoke is THEFT~~~

dsherif@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (Darin D Sheriff) (03/02/91)

In article <5266@vela.acs.oakland.edu> hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) writes:
>In article <csmyX3w162w@zooid> pondscum@zooid (Lima Bone) writes:

>} All you nifty Hard Drive people out there:
>}
>}            STOP YOUR BLOODY WHINING.
>
>The same could be said to you.
>

>Look, just because you don't care if it's HD installable or not
>doesn't mean I don't. If you don't want to read all the rabble about
>it then edit your KILL file and have your system automagicly delete
>them! Unlike people like you who are willing to accept whatever drek
>people put in front of them, some of us are unwilling to so the same
>and we take action against it. Ranging from writing letters to
>boycotting companies. If you do NOTHING NOTHING will change. Sure, its
>only a game. Some of us take our entertainment seriously. I bet you go
>and watch a lot of really bad movies as well: Afterall, it's ONLY a
>movie. You can take the extra time during the boring parts to talk to
>your wife, or say hello to your kids, or go home and make a sandwich.
>
>				--Moriland
>

>--
>| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
>|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |
>| Founder Of: Evil Young        | \XX/                                 |
>| Mutants For A Better Tomorrow |       "Single Tasking: JUST SAY NO!" |

Moriland, I sympathize with your plight but Lima Bone is right.  Calm down
abstain from the jolt cola and think about this a bit.  I have kept up with
your whining and others like yours for quite a while and am convinced that
you have become obsessed with this thing beyond reason.  It's only a game!
I agree with you that we should not support crummy games but from what I
hear Lemmings is not a crummy game!  It also will not kill you to load it
from df0:!
     I by the way do not have a hard drive and I am dying to get my hands on
this game.  (Legally of course).

Just my opinion.
--
Darin Sheriff; Amiga 1000 owner.        dsherif@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu
People don't pirate software.  Computers pirate software.