[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings Demo

900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca ('PSYCHO' Jorgensen) (03/02/91)

 Well, I got the much-talked about Lemmings demo from AB20 (well, at least
the game has been much talked about :-)), and I have been playing it for a
little while. Now, I have managed to get past level 4 of the game and of
course am on to level 5.. And that is the problem. I thought that this demo
version of the game was only supposed to have the first 4 levels. Although
looking at level 5, I can see that it is next to impossbile, given the amount
of "lemming tools" that you have to work with. Can anyone tell me if that is
what is supposed to happen? I would think that if it were just a demo, that it
would say "Great, now go buy the real game" or something like that. ;-)

E-Mail, or whatever works.. :-)
--
+   "Amiga. The only REAL       |  Pete "PSYCHO" Jorgensen                    +
+     computer on the market!"  |  aka: 900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca               +

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) (03/02/91)

900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca ('PSYCHO' Jorgensen) writes:

> Well, I got the much-talked about Lemmings demo from AB20 (well, at least
>the game has been much talked about :-)), and I have been playing it for a
>little while. Now, I have managed to get past level 4 of the game and of
>course am on to level 5.. And that is the problem. I thought that this demo
>version of the game was only supposed to have the first 4 levels. Although
>looking at level 5, I can see that it is next to impossbile, given the amount
>of "lemming tools" that you have to work with. Can anyone tell me if that is
>what is supposed to happen? I would think that if it were just a demo, that it
>would say "Great, now go buy the real game" or something like that. ;-)

>E-Mail, or whatever works.. :-)

Level 5 is the last level on the demo. Once you complete it, it will say as
much.
	Tabor Wells
	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

BTW Level 5 is do-able. And you'll kick yourself once you see how easy it is.
;-)

>--
>+   "Amiga. The only REAL       |  Pete "PSYCHO" Jorgensen                    +
>+     computer on the market!"  |  aka: 900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca               +
>+    Disclaimer: "He did it!"   |       900512j@ace.AcadiaU.ca                +
|------------------------------------| "Life. You're born. You live. You  |
|	Tabor Wells		     |   go on some diets. You die.       |
|	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu	     |	        			  |
|------------------------------------|		-Bloom County		  |			  |

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/03/91)

[stuff deleted]
>course am on to level 5.. And that is the problem. I thought that this demo
>version of the game was only supposed to have the first 4 levels. Although
[more stuff deleted]

There are actually two demos in circulation. One was sent to dealers and has 5
levels, the other was included in disk magazines and has three levels.

Level 5 IS hard, it took us 3 days to figure out how to get through it, and
its a toughy! It is quite possible, you just have to use lots of brain power.
This is one of the reasons I like lemmings so much, you really DO have to
think about what your doing.

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

veck@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Steven King, aka Chelloveck) (03/04/91)

In article <1826@pdxgate.UUCP> twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) writes:
>900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca ('PSYCHO' Jorgensen) writes:
>>looking at level 5, I can see that it is next to impossbile, given the amount
>>of "lemming tools" that you have to work with.
>
>BTW Level 5 is do-able. And you'll kick yourself once you see how easy it is.

True, only took me about half an hour of beating my head against the wall
to do it, but it *is* pretty simple.  It's some of the levels in the *real*
game that get tough...  :-)

--
So Bill, tell us about holographic food.             |      Steven King