[comp.sys.amiga.games] how do you run lemmings.dms?

laughlin@fornax.UUCP (Bob Laughlin) (03/02/91)

    How do you run the lemmings.dms Demo from ab20? I put it
on an install'ed floppy and booted from it. Is .dms some sort
of file compression? Does it run on an 030? Do I need some
other files to run it?

--
 Bob Laughlin  laughlin@cs.sfu.ca

bobl@graphics.rent.com (Bob Lindabury) (03/04/91)

laughlin@fornax.UUCP (Bob Laughlin) writes:

>     How do you run the lemmings.dms Demo from ab20? I put it
> on an install'ed floppy and booted from it. Is .dms some sort
> of file compression? Does it run on an 030? Do I need some
> other files to run it?
>
> --
>  Bob Laughlin  laughlin@cs.sfu.ca

A .DMS file is a DiskMasher file.  It's an updated (or rewritten)
version of Warp.  Some of the files are self extracting.  Try just
running it.  If it doesn't run, then you need DiskMasher to unpack it.

I don't know if it's up on ab20 yet or not.  I DO know however, that
it is available on my bbs at the below number.  You will have to
register for an account to get it however.  Access is immediate.  It
will be in the File Library in the Amiga Volume.  You must have a
term program that does Xmodem to download DMS.

-- Bob

 The Graphics BBS  908/469-0049  "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!"
  InterNet: bobl@graphics.rent.com                | Raven Enterprises
      UUCP: ...rutgers!bobsbox!graphics!bobl      | 25 Raven Avenue
    BitNet: bobl%graphics.rent.com@pucc           | Piscataway, NJ 08854
    Home #: 908/560-7353                          | 908/271-8878

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Samuel S Sostre) (03/04/91)

In article <2213@fornax.UUCP> laughlin@fornax.UUCP (Bob Laughlin) writes:

>    How do you run the lemmings.dms Demo from ab20? I put it
>on an install'ed floppy and booted from it. Is .dms some sort
>of file compression? Does it run on an 030? Do I need some
>other files to run it?

I dont know where you could find it but there is a DMS program that is the
"newest version of warp". Its very good IMO and is pretty quick, the only
problems Ive had is when I typed in the wrong command to undms a file onto a
blank disk, I ended up compressing the unformatted disk into the file I was
trying to uncompress.
<sigh>

type dms write <filename.dms> at the cli and make sure you have a blank disk in
df0:. DMS sometimes fucks up under 2.0 on my friends 3000 but it generally
works. <we got it to work under 1.3 and tried again under 2.0 and it worked
that time>