[comp.sys.amiga.games] Running the LemmingsDemo

tim@lenti.med.umn.edu (Tim Leonard) (02/26/91)

Last night I downloaded the Lemmings demo (LemmingsDemo.zom) from
ab20 and so far I haven't been able to make it run.  The only visible
icon is the Psygnosis/DPaintIII icon which, when clicked upon, requests
the DPaintIII disk.  I tried looking in the directory through a shell
and found "Lemmings!!!".  I tried to run that file and it blanked the
screen and made some disk noise for a while.  I shut it down after about
a minute of that because I wasn't certain that it was doing anything.

What am I missing  :-(

Tim Leonard     tim@lenti.med.umn.edu

k34280e@puukko.hut.fi (Sami Koskinen) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb26.131616.6356@cs.umn.edu> tim@lenti.med.umn.edu (Tim Leonard) writes:

>Last night I downloaded the Lemmings demo (LemmingsDemo.zom) from
>ab20 and so far I haven't been able to make it run.
>What am I missing  :-(
>Tim Leonard     tim@lenti.med.umn.edu

	It's just like any other game. You have to boot your machine.

	C-A-A :)
--

	Sami Koskinen 		k34280e@puukko.hut.fi
				Jamerantaival 3A 173, 02150 Espoo, Finland

colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (03/01/91)

Leonard) writes:
> Last night I downloaded the Lemmings demo (LemmingsDemo.zom) from
> ab20 and so far I haven't been able to make it run.

It only works by booting the disk

--
Colas Nahaboo, colas@sa.inria.fr, Bull Research, Koala Project, GWM X11 WM
Phone:(33) 93.65.77.70(.66 Fax), INRIA, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE.

tim@lenti.med.umn.edu (Tim Leonard) (03/04/91)

Thanks to all of you who helped me wake up and boot the lemmongs demo
from df0:.  I gave a copy to a friend, who does not have net access and
within a day he had bought the whole game.  This demo idea may be the
best idea a development company can use to promote large, early sales.

Tim Leonard