[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings again

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/05/91)

[Stuff deleted]
>BTW, just to add to the 'me too' list, I ain't buying Lemmings until
>it hits the $2 fire-sale rack.  I won't pay $40 for a game that isn't
>HD installable and (for most cases) won't let me save a game in progress.

Your not _wrong_ about not saving a game in progress, but you are misguided.
Lemmings doesn't NEED a save game. As you go to a level a code is displayed.
Write that code down. When you want to resume where you left off then just
choose 'goto level' (I think thats what its called) and type in the code for
the highest level you have hit. It will take you right back there.

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (03/05/91)

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) writes:

>Your not _wrong_ about not saving a game in progress, but you are misguided.
>Lemmings doesn't NEED a save game. As you go to a level a code is displayed.
>Write that code down. When you want to resume where you left off then just
>choose 'goto level' (I think thats what its called) and type in the code for
>the highest level you have hit. It will take you right back there.

AND WHAT A CODE IT IS!  No "wimpy" easy-to-remember words or four letter
acronyms here!  No sir!  We only go for the 12 letter super-Mensa codes for
our game!

I'm starting to wonder if a significant part of the level data is saved in
the alpha code.
--

  "This special edition of The Gulf War will continue after these messages."
                                                                    -ABC