[comp.sys.amiga.games] Another can of worms...

v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) (03/05/91)

I'm probably opening a real can of worms here, but after glancing
through a few computer gaming rags, I just had to ask this:

     Is anybody porting Wing Commander to the Amiga?

The reason I had to ask is this: so many of the gaming rags are just
creaming themselves over WC, saying it's hands down, THE BEST space
combat "simulator" ever, the BEST this the BEST that...  Dragon mag
gave it 6 out of a possible 5 stars (no that's not a typo).  So, is
anybody doing anything about getting this sucker into Amiga format?

Curious, just curious.  No MS-DOS flames, please.  :-)

bosman@fwi.uva.nl (Cor Bosman) (03/05/91)

v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) writes:

>I'm probably opening a real can of worms here, but after glancing
>through a few computer gaming rags, I just had to ask this:

>     Is anybody porting Wing Commander to the Amiga?

>The reason I had to ask is this: so many of the gaming rags are just
>creaming themselves over WC, saying it's hands down, THE BEST space
>combat "simulator" ever, the BEST this the BEST that...  Dragon mag
>gave it 6 out of a possible 5 stars (no that's not a typo).  So, is
>anybody doing anything about getting this sucker into Amiga format?

>Curious, just curious.  No MS-DOS flames, please.  :-)

A while ago I read in an AMIGA magazine that WING COMMANDER -WILL- be
converted to the AMIGA .. they said the release date was somewhere
in the middle of 1991  ..  but I recenty saw a preview of another game
called EPIC (I believe) which they said was MUCH better than WING COMMANDER
Just wait and see...
CYA

--
|bosman@fwi.uva.nl //     |  Dont't loose your head,to gain a minute,   |
|              \\ //AMIGA |  you need your head,your brains are in it.  |

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (03/06/91)

In article <63179@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I'm probably opening a real can of worms here, but after glancing
>through a few computer gaming rags, I just had to ask this:
>
>     Is anybody porting Wing Commander to the Amiga?
>
>The reason I had to ask is this: so many of the gaming rags are just
>creaming themselves over WC, saying it's hands down, THE BEST space
>combat "simulator" ever, the BEST this the BEST that...  Dragon mag
>gave it 6 out of a possible 5 stars (no that's not a typo).  So, is
>anybody doing anything about getting this sucker into Amiga format?
>
>Curious, just curious.  No MS-DOS flames, please.  :-)

It will be available for both Amiga and CDTV, Real Soon Now ;-)

/Jorgen
--
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se | DUMII: Sentinel of the scales
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.