[comp.sys.amiga.games] BANE OF THE COSMIC FORGE: Help with the log!

cosc12t2@jetson.uh.edu (C. Viles) (03/05/91)

   How in the #$^#$ do I decode the deadman's log to find where the captain
buried his treasure?  I've found absolutely nothing to help me with it.  (Isn't
there a decoder ring somewhere?)  Aside from this, I'm progressing nicely,
although I can't get through the jammed door in the belfry, or quite a few
gates.  I've gone through the king's bedroom, gotten the dagger and book of
Ramm.  I've got the silver key for the cage, but I can't get the password!
Help!

Chri.

Je boit, donc je suis!

nad@tegra.COM (Nancy Durgin) (03/06/91)

In article <8707.27d29745@jetson.uh.edu> cosc12t2@jetson.uh.edu (C. Viles) writes:

>   How in the #$^#$ do I decode the deadman's log to find where the captain
>buried his treasure?  I've found absolutely nothing to help me with it.  (Isn't
>there a decoder ring somewhere?)  Aside from this, I'm progressing nicely,
>although I can't get through the jammed door in the belfry, or quite a few
>gates.  I've gone through the king's bedroom, gotten the dagger and book of
>Ramm.  I've got the silver key for the cage, but I can't get the password!
>Help!
>
>Chri.

You need the Key of RAAM, to get to other areas located behind gates accessed
from the King's bedroom.  The Key of RAAM is in a room in the north part of
the main level of the castle.  It is behind a gate, and you have to search the
walls next to the gate to find a button that opens that gate.  Then
search in the NorthWest corner of the room.

Once you get the key, explore the area past it, find the Jailer Key (or
is it Dungeon Key?) somewhere in the dungeon area, and use that to
open some of the gates that go into the jail area.  In there, you will
find the Decoder Ring, which you need to decode the Deadman's Log.

More direct spoilers by e-mail, if you like...

	Nancy

Nancy Durgin          | (Usual disclaimers | Tegra-Varityper, Inc.
uunet!tegra!nad       | apply...)          | Billerica, Massachusetts

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (03/06/91)

In article <8707.27d29745@jetson.uh.edu> cosc12t2@jetson.uh.edu (C. Viles) writes:
>   How in the #$^#$ do I decode the deadman's log to find where the captain
>buried his treasure?  I've found absolutely nothing to help me with it.  (Isn't
>there a decoder ring somewhere?)  Aside from this, I'm progressing nicely,
>although I can't get through the jammed door in the belfry, or quite a few
>gates.  I've gone through the king's bedroom, gotten the dagger and book of
>Ramm.  I've got the silver key for the cage, but I can't get the password!
>Help!

There is a decoder ring.  To get to the decoder ring you will first have to
find the altar and make sure you also have the book of Ramm to figure out
how to get into the dungeon area.  Once you find the decoder ring and decode
the Deadman's log you will be able to give Queequeg the answer and then
receive the password.

You don't need to ask for the password because if you can't get into the
dungeon then having the password into the Captain's Den is for naught.

As for the belfry, you will have to find the Bell key which is also in the
dungeon.

Hint: to get to the altar you will need to find the Gold key, which will
	allow you to get the Key of Ramm to open the doors for the altar.

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (03/07/91)

!
!You need the Key of RAAM, to get to other areas located behind gates accessed
!from the King's bedroom.  The Key of RAAM is in a room in the north part of
!the main level of the castle.  It is behind a gate, and you have to search the
!walls next to the gate to find a button that opens that gate.  Then
!search in the NorthWest corner of the room.
!
!Once you get the key, explore the area past it, find the Jailer Key (or
!is it Dungeon Key?) somewhere in the dungeon area, and use that to
!find the Decoder Ring, which you need to decode the Deadman's Log.

It's the Dungeon Key.  It opens a back gate into the Jail Cells.