[net.followup] voting for net.electronics & request

mabarnstijn@watmath.UUCP (Michael A. Barnstijn) (08/24/83)

Here's another vote for net.electronics.

I also have a request for all you electronics hackers out there.
I have a high-res colour monitor with both RGB & NTSC inputs.
The NTSC adaptor box has an audio input as well.
What I'd like to get is a tuner assembly that puts out NTSC video
and an audio output.  I have got one of those UHF tuners (varactor type)
that you see in the back pages of the electronics magazines these days,
sold for $17 to $25 bucks. (got it from Radio Shack -- paid too much :-( )
Any circuit that I could be guided to or sent that could take the output
of such a beastie and generate NTSC video with separated audio, suitable
for COLOUR TV (!!) would be much appreciated.  Any other ideas on the subject
are welcome, too.  If requests for the results of my info-gathering are
great enough (and presuming I get info!), I will summarize to the net here.

AdvTHANKSance,   Michael A. Barnstijn
Canada Post: 645 Albert St. #4, Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA   N2L 3V5
UseNet     : ...utcsrgv!watmath!mabarnstijn
Newsgroups: net.followup