[comp.sys.amiga.games] Vexirk

PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu (Andy Patrizio) (02/19/91)

Ok, all you DM II solvers, I need some help.

On level 1, one level above the dragon level at the bottom, there is a
section that is full of doors and one very tough Vexirk (the little guy
in robes who casts spells). He has a key that will give you access to
another room with a teleporter in it.

You can kill him, but the Oracle says corner him, and he will willingly
give you the stuff and teleport away. I tried like crazy to get him in
a corner but no luck. Has anyone been able to corner him?

.signed,
-----
Andy Patrizio            |  ARPA:     pyc136@uriacc.uri.edu
Class of 2010            |  Internet: pyc136%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu
University of RI         |  Usenet:   andypo@idsvax.ids.com
                         |  UUCP:     uunet!rayssd!idsvax!andypo
-----
"With friends like these, who needs hallucinations?" - Buddy, "Night Court"
-----

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/19/91)

RE: CORNERING THE MON VEXIRKS.....Why bother? Just nail his ass with
your EXECUTIONER'S AXE, or a Fireball or two. HE will shoot some
fireballs at you, so go the direct route. I am going to play the game
again, so I'll try cornering him, but I will keep my axe handy, thank-

you!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/20/91)

In article <44980@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu (Andy Patrizio) writes:
> Ok, all you DM II solvers, I need some help.
>
> On level 1, one level above the dragon level at the bottom, there is a
> section that is full of doors and one very tough Vexirk (the little guy
> in robes who casts spells). He has a key that will give you access to
> another room with a teleporter in it.
>
> You can kill him, but the Oracle says corner him, and he will willingly
> give you the stuff and teleport away. I tried like crazy to get him in
> a corner but no luck. Has anyone been able to corner him?
>
> ..signed,
> -----

       I never was able to corner one of them, nor could I figure out how
to offer one something in exchange for a goodie.  I always ended up killing
them....and it wasn't easy, either!

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +   Why, I've got couth I ain't   +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         even used yet!          +
+                           +                                 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb22.145809@lemur.inria.fr>, colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) writes:
> In article <666.27c17b33@vger.nsu.edu>, cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun),
> Norfolk State University) writes:
>> I always ended up killing
>> them....and it wasn't easy, either!
>
> It is very easy with poison balls.
>
> Unlike DMI, DMII is not as fireball-oriented...

  Funny you should say so.  I use fireballs with DMII on nearly everything.
I only use poison if the creature is mildly irritating and I want it go away
for a while. My two most used spells (other than mapping) are FIREBALL and DES
EW.

Jean
include sig.txt

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/25/91)

RE: FIREBALLS ON NEARLY EVERYTHING....I used these too! Gets you up
Wizard levels FAST! The only area where they are USELESS is on the
KU WAY in battling the DETH KNIGHTS! Since this is the "WAY OF THE
FIGHTER" a few good whacks with my axe - they drop in stacks! (hey!
I'm a poet!) LOVE my FIREBALLS 'though! Dig that POWER!!

--

gleonard@amiganet.chi.il.us (Gary A. Leonard) (03/06/91)

>In article <1991Feb22.145809@lemur.inria.fr>, colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahab
>oo) writes:
>for a while. My two most used spells (other than mapping) are FIREBALL and DES
>EW.
>
>Jean
What exactly does a map spell do? I cast it and only the symbol on the magic
map according to the way I'm in lights up in red.  Is there more?  I'm sort of
stuck with the game with two corbums and no ruby key for DAIN- I'm currently
working on ROS.  A more usefull map might help me....

Thanks

Gary

...... "8.  Divert attention from deep conflicts within the society by
engaging in foreign wars; make support of these wars a test of loyalty,
thereby exposing and isolating potential opposition to the new order."
---- Edward Abbey, DESERT SOLITAIRE  Copyright 1968   (Scary, ain't it?)

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (03/08/91)

In article <gleonard.7678@amiganet.chi.il.us>, gleonard@amiganet.chi.il.us (Gary A. Leonard) writes:
> What exactly does a map spell do? I cast it and only the symbol on the magic
> map according to the way I'm in lights up in red.  Is there more?  I'm sort of
> stuck with the game with two corbums and no ruby key for DAIN- I'm currently
> working on ROS.  A more usefull map might help me....
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

      > I use the map spells for two main things....one, to show me the
invisible walls and pits, the other to show me where monsters are.  This
is especially helpful in places like that level that is nothing but
invisible walls and dragons.

On my map, the symbol that lights up varies according to the map spell
I have cast.

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +  Let them what don't want none  +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +      have memories of not       +
+                           +           getting any.          +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (03/08/91)

RE: MAP SPELLS....There are 4....never used 'em myself. Found it used
up too much MANA that was needed for other things - like staying ALIVE.
One MAP SPELL is supposed to show monster locations on the scroll.
Another will show illusionary and/or disappearing walls. Another will
reveal magic items (i think) and there's one called DIVINE WITNESS,
but I have no idea what that one is. Like I say, it takes too much
MANA.

You don't have the RUBY KEY? Well, it is located in the area of DAIN
with the Coutals and the WINGED KEY - Didn't you get the chest in
there behind the WINGED KEY door? Hmmmm....gonna have to go BACK!
If you need help with this area, let me know.