[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM1: key of B on level 10?

peck@ral.rpi.edu (Joseph Peck) (03/05/91)

On level 10 there are two adjacent doors, each requiring a key of B to
enter.  A message on the wall says to choose a door.  Well, we chose the
door on the right.  Is there a way to get into the other door?  I thought
that we would find another key to let us in the other door.  Did we miss
something, or can you really only get into one of them?

Thanks for your help,
Joe Peck
peck@ral.rpi.edu

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) (03/05/91)

From article <}F7-KG$@rpi.edu>, by peck@ral.rpi.edu (Joseph Peck):
> On level 10 there are two adjacent doors, each requiring a key of B to
> enter.  A message on the wall says to choose a door.  Well, we chose the
> door on the right.  Is there a way to get into the other door?  I thought
> that we would find another key to let us in the other door.  Did we miss
> something, or can you really only get into one of them?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Joe Peck
> peck@ral.rpi.edu

  It is possible to visit both (assuming you like flying eyes !) by
  entering either and finding another key prior to the next gate, going
back out and uding that new key to open the other way and then finding
another key to opne the gate that is at the end of both of these
passages. I think you gain two extra bits of low grade food plus the
chance to kill a few skeleletons and maybe a theif or two. In placves
where theives abounded a I removed what I was carrying in all of my
left hands to avoid them being stolen. In the Arena, for example,
 it can take some time before you find any stolen items so I didnt
give them the chance !

  John

               John Upham, (Chemical Physics Ph.D)

              University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.

              Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet)
                     kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster       (Janet)
                     johnu%syma.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac    (BITnet)
                     johnu@uk.ac.susx.syma          (Janet)
              Tel:   +44 273 680500 (eve)
              Tel:   +44 273 678332 (day)
              Fax:   +44 273 671966

  "I've counted them all out and I've counted them all back"
   Murray Walker (?) commentating on the restart at F1 WC, Spa, 1990

mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) (03/08/91)

In article <}F7-KG$@rpi.edu> peck@ral.rpi.edu (Joseph Peck) writes:
>On level 10 there are two adjacent doors, each requiring a key of B to
>enter.  A message on the wall says to choose a door.  Well, we chose the
>door on the right.  Is there a way to get into the other door?  I thought
>that we would find another key to let us in the other door.  Did we miss
>something, or can you really only get into one of them?

It's possible to do both, but hard. At the end of whichever one you choose
(it doesn't matter...) is a key of B. You then come to a room where the
key of B will open a door to go on ahead. Don't use it there. Go back, and
choose the other door. At the end of it, you get another key of B. You can
then go on ahead and have been in both. Note that I didn't find this out
until the 3rd time I made it down there... It's sort of obscure.

>Thanks for your help,
>Joe Peck
>peck@ral.rpi.edu

--SeebS--
--
mndaily is the Minnesota Daily, and does not speak for the U of M.
Linda Seebach does not speak for the Daily.