[comp.sys.amiga.games] Full Metal Planet - Any views?

dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) (03/07/91)

I saw that Full Metal Planet promises, on the outside of the box,
to run on A500, A1000, A2000, A3000.  I hope this means A2500/30, too.

Anyway, I'd like any player comments on:

AMIGANESS:  WB compatibility, multi-tasking, scroll-bars, sounds, etc.

PLAYABLILITY:  I started gaming 'way back when with Avalon Hill games
like Tactics II.  I like SimCity, also.  How well does FMP play?

Thanks,

Dan Taylor

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (03/09/91)

In article <863@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM> dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) writes:
>Anyway, I'd like any player comments on:
>
>AMIGANESS:  WB compatibility, multi-tasking, scroll-bars, sounds, etc.

No workbench.  You have to boot from disk, therefore no multi-tasking.
Scroll-bars????? don't know why you would concern yourself with scroll bars
but don't remember if it had or not.

>PLAYABLILITY:  I started gaming 'way back when with Avalon Hill games
>like Tactics II.  I like SimCity, also.  How well does FMP play?

This program came from the European version Full Metal Planete (think it was
spelled that way though I remember the 'e' at the end of planet), therefore
the OS was tossed out as most European games then to follow without any
support for harddrives.

When I first bought this game, US version, I was under the impression it
was a great game due to previous reviews.  I tried it *exactly* once and
have since not bothered to boot this game as other games more system friendly
got my attention.  This is not to say it is a bad game but it just didn't
meet my needs for a game so, it has been sitting on my shelf.  The manual
doesn't explain much at all and the feel of the game leaves something to be
desired.

I think Full Metal Planet is supposed to be something like Herzog Zwei for
the Genesis game console but I finished Herzog Zwei after many, many games
while Full Metal Planet, I've only played once.

If you like strategic games, I would recommend Empire, and almost all of SSI's
wargames.