[comp.sys.amiga.games] New Lucisfilm game

scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) (03/06/91)

Hey, while I was checking out egghead software, I saw a new game out for IBM
from Lucis film, which I forget the name...  Anyway, is says it supports vga
16 color, if you turn in a coupon, you can get 256 color upgrade for free!
So, I wonder if this gets ported to the amiga what the color will be like(cga)?
  Any comments, flames(na, hold the flames its just a game.).  It also says
  it supports a hard drive, now all it needs to support is multitasking and we'l be set ;)  Have a good one.

roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) (03/08/91)

Well the new Lucasfilm game is called 'Secret of Monkey Island'.  It was made
in a similiar format as the other Lucasfilm adventures: Indiana Jones, Zak
McKraken, and Maniac Mansion.   Monkey Island is a very complex, yet easy to
use Adventure game.  Its GUI is unrivaled.  If you own a PC and you were
planning on getting King's Quest 5, forget it, get Monkey Island instead.
I've only seen the 16 color version so far, but it looks great.
I assume that it will be made for the Amiga soon, I guess the time delay is
probably a good sign and perhaps it won't be a direct port.  If it is a
direct port, then its likely that we'll end up with the 16 color version. If
it isn't just a direct port, then the Amiga version will be a different
version (In way of colors) altogether.

     __
    |__) _   __  GEnie:  R.EARL4
    | \ (_) (_/   UUCP:  roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca
            _/

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (03/09/91)

In article <roger_earl.1237@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca>, roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) writes:
> Well the new Lucasfilm game is called 'Secret of Monkey Island'.  It was made
> in a similiar format as the other Lucasfilm adventures: Indiana Jones, Zak
> McKraken, and Maniac Mansion.   Monkey Island is a very complex, yet easy to
> use Adventure game.  Its GUI is unrivaled.  If you own a PC and you were
> planning on getting King's Quest 5, forget it, get Monkey Island instead.
> I've only seen the 16 color version so far, but it looks great.
> I assume that it will be made for the Amiga soon, I guess the time delay is
> probably a good sign and perhaps it won't be a direct port.  If it is a
> direct port, then its likely that we'll end up with the 16 color version. If
> it isn't just a direct port, then the Amiga version will be a different
> version (In way of colors) altogether.

      The last rumor I heard was that the Amiga version of Monkey Island
would be availale in April...so I'm shooting for May or June. :-)  I've
heard it it one fantastic game; I hope it lives up to its reputation.

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +  Let them what don't want none  +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +      have memories of not       +
+                           +           getting any.          +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

pondscum@zooid (Lima Bone) (03/10/91)

scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) writes:

> Hey, while I was checking out egghead software, I saw a new game out for IBM
> from Lucis film, which I forget the name...  Anyway, is says it supports vga
> 16 color, if you turn in a coupon, you can get 256 color upgrade for free!
> So, I wonder if this gets ported to the amiga what the color will be like(cga
>   Any comments, flames(na, hold the flames its just a game.).  It also says
>   it supports a hard drive, now all it needs to support is multitasking and w

Who's Lucis?
Just kidding.