[comp.sys.amiga.games] Shadow of the Beast I & Sim City Questions

megabyte@chinet.chi.il.us (Dr. Megabyte) (03/08/91)

On Shadow of the Beast: Is there anyway to get the game to re-start faster
after you die?  This is my big compliant with the game, how long it takes
to begin a new game.

On both Shadow of the Beast and Sim City:  Anyone with any hints, kinks,
"Cheats" or other advise for either game would be appreciated.

--
"Howdy Folks! I'm Oedipus Tex! You might'a heard of my brother Rex!"
Mark E. Sunderlin: IRS Technocrat in Stephens City, VA

colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar07.170727.7558@chinet.chi.il.us>, megabyte@chinet.chi.il.us
(Dr. Megabyte) writes:
> On Shadow of the Beast: Is there anyway to get the game to re-start faster
> after you die?  This is my big compliant with the game, how long it takes
> to begin a new game.

with "freezing" cartridges like Action Replay or Nordic Power, this is easy.
Try one, an amiga gamer cannot live without this kind of device!

(AR, which I own, allows to make the game use only 512K of RAM, to freeze the
game at the start, take in 2 seconds a snapshot of your working memory in the
other 512K, and thus you can restart Shadow of the Beast in a mere 1 second
anytime you want, and you can even save your state to disk anytime!)

--
Colas Nahaboo, colas@sa.inria.fr, Bull Research, Koala Project, GWM X11 WM
Phone:(33) 93.65.77.70(.66 Fax), INRIA, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE.

hclausen@adspdk.UUCP (Henrik Clausen) (03/09/91)

In article <1991Mar07.170727.7558@chinet.chi.il.us>, Dr. Megabyte writes:

> On Shadow of the Beast: Is there anyway to get the game to re-start faster
> after you die?  This is my big compliant with the game, how long it takes
> to begin a new game.
>
> On both Shadow of the Beast and Sim City:  Anyone with any hints, kinks,
> "Cheats"

   Minor one for SimCity: Budgets can be undone. If you loose money on the
budget, select 'UnDo', and the decifit is gone.

   I happened to discover this in a surplus year :-)

                                           -Henrik
| Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data | If the Doors of Perception where cleansed, |
| ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!  | Man would see Reality as it is - Infinite. |
\______cbmehq!adspdk!hclausen___|_________________________________W. Blake___/

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Napalm) (03/11/91)

In article <18cca2ed.ARN196f@adspdk.UUCP> hclausen@adspdk.UUCP writes:
>In article <1991Mar07.170727.7558@chinet.chi.il.us>, Dr. Megabyte writes:
>
>> On Shadow of the Beast: Is there anyway to get the game to re-start faster
>> after you die?  This is my big compliant with the game, how long it takes
>> to begin a new game.
>>
>> On both Shadow of the Beast and Sim City:  Anyone with any hints, kinks,
>> "Cheats"
>
>   Minor one for SimCity: Budgets can be undone. If you loose money on the
>budget, select 'UnDo', and the decifit is gone.
>
>   I happened to discover this in a surplus year :-)
>

>                                           -Henrik
>| Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data | If the Doors of Perception where cleansed, |
>| ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!  | Man would see Reality as it is - Infinite. |

theres also the famous <?> embezzle command. On Messy Doss <eww> its shift
F-U-N-D. On the amiga, do the same and click the mouse button on the bulldozer
icon.