[comp.sys.amiga.games] WIZARDRY VI :Bane of the Cosmic Forge

atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) (03/05/91)

After having found the key of Ramm, things have progressed much further,
much quicker. However they have slowed to a crawl again.

As someone else has mentioned having trouble finding the K of R, remember
searching is direction dependent. You have to search a square in each of
the 4 directions to be sure that there is nothing there.

My questions are as follows.

1) What is the next environment after the castle ? My characters are
having a very hard time surviving in the place they are in, which leads
me to believe that perhaps I have skipped a dungeon level I was supposed
to visit.

2) There are still two magically jammed doors in the castle, I can't open.
They are above the main level, near the queens bedroom. I know none of the keys
I have, or have ever had, open these doors. The keys I have not found yet, but
have heard mention of are iron keys ? Are these keys somewhere in the castle ?
Do the two jammed doors only get opened much later ?

3) Someone mentioned using a spade key to open the door with the zomebie ? Well,
I cast a k-k spell and it opened. Am I imagining it ? The manual states magically
jammed doors require items, k-k/pick/force won't work.

Apologies if I have been cryptic. Didn't want to give any spoilers away.

Thx
Atul
atul@cadence.com

winata@cat44.cs.wisc.edu (Charles Winata) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.174613.13563@cadence.com> atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) writes:
>1) What is the next environment after the castle ? My characters are
>having a very hard time surviving in the place they are in, which leads
>me to believe that perhaps I have skipped a dungeon level I was supposed
>to visit.

The next environment is the Dungeon (enter via King's Bedroom), it's an okay
progressment, not really hard.

>2) There are still two magically jammed doors in the castle, I can't open.
>They are above the main level, near the queens bedroom. I know none of the keys
>I have, or have ever had, open these doors. The keys I have not found yet, but
>have heard mention of are iron keys ? Are these keys somewhere in the castle ?
>Do the two jammed doors only get opened much later ?

Well, why is this always trouble people? Doors is not always have to be open.
But that doesn't mean you can't get to the other side. Get it?

>3) Someone mentioned using a spade key to open the door with the zomebie ? Well,
>I cast a k-k spell and it opened. Am I imagining it ? The manual states magically
>jammed doors require items, k-k/pick/force won't work.

Good for you it works. But if I were you I'll use the key. I do not want my
inventory being filled with garbage that I can't get rid of unless I used it.
(i.e. the chrome key to open the King's level doors, I still have 2 of them now
and can't get rid of them).

--
EEEEE X   X EEEEE DDDD  RRRR   AAA
E      X X  E     D   D R   R A   A	Charles Winata

bhv@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Bronis Vidugiris) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar4.174613.13563@cadence.com> atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) writes:
)After having found the key of Ramm, things have progressed much further,
)much quicker. However they have slowed to a crawl again.
)My questions are as follows.
)
)1) What is the next environment after the castle ? My characters are
)having a very hard time surviving in the place they are in, which leads
)me to believe that perhaps I have skipped a dungeon level I was supposed
)to visit.

You should be exploring the dungeon next - where you'll find the dungeon
key.  I don't think it's possible to get the sequence wrong - the _next_
area to open up requires you to get through the dungeon.

)2) There are still two magically jammed doors in the castle, I can't open.
)They are above the main level, near the queens bedroom. I know none of the keys
)I have, or have ever had, open these doors. The keys I have not found yet, but
)have heard mention of are iron keys ? Are these keys somewhere in the castle ?
)Do the two jammed doors only get opened much later ?

I recall one jammed door that was never opened, but you didn't need to, in
the queens bedoom.  You could get in through another route.  Don't recall
another jammed door on that level.  There are a few grates on that level
that never do open up, but you can work around them.

)3) Someone mentioned using a spade key to open the door with the zomebie ? Well,
)I cast a k-k spell and it opened. Am I imagining it ? The manual states magically
)jammed doors require items, k-k/pick/force won't work.

It's a tough lock, but it's not jammed.  If it was jammed, it wouldn't
open with a knock.  The 'Belfrey' door is jammed - you can't pick or
knock it, for example.  The chrome key doors into the king's bedroom aren't
jammed either - you can knock-knock them open, but it's hard.