[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings Help! Taxing Level 11

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Michael Schwager) (03/12/91)

skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:

>     After going through the first 70 or so levels of Lemmings, I have
>come across a brick wall.  The problem is on level 11 of Taxing called
>'The Ascending Pillar Scenario'.  It is VERY similar to an earlier board.
>The problem is : When the lemmings first start to fall out of the Start
>location, they immediately head for the water to the right.  Since you
>must save 100%, blockers are out of the question.  I know of a technique to
>make a guy turn around, but I need only ONE guy to turn around while the
>others are held in place long enough to build bridges across the pillars.
>In a nutshell, I'd like to let one guy through to build bridges and hold
>the others without using blockers.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Send
>through E-mail.

Actually, I'm having the same trouble!  Yikes, that one's a pain!  I can
get 'em blocked on the right, I can get 'em blocked on the left (some very
deft timing), but gettting just one or two guys outta there is nearly
impossible, as far as I can tell!  Help me!
-Mike Schwager                             |
INTERNET:schwager@cs.uiuc.edu              |  This space intentionally left
UUCP:{uunet|convex|pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager|             blank.
BITNET:schwager@mike.cs.uiuc.edu           |
University of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci.|

mt87692@tut.fi (MIT) (03/12/91)

> skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:
> >     After going through the first 70 or so levels of Lemmings, I have
> >come across a brick wall.  The problem is on level 11 of Taxing called
> >'The Ascending Pillar Scenario'.  It is VERY similar to an earlier board.
> >The problem is : When the lemmings first start to fall out of the Start
> >location, they immediately head for the water to the right.  Since you
> >must save 100%, blockers are out of the question.  I know of a technique to
> >make a guy turn around, but I need only ONE guy to turn around while the
> >others are held in place long enough to build bridges across the pillars.
> >In a nutshell, I'd like to let one guy through to build bridges and hold
> >the others without using blockers.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Send
> >through E-mail.

I send this in the news because there seems to be some others having problems
with this scenario.

As soon as the first lemming hits the ground start digging straight
down.  As the second one hits the ground let him to walk just bit to
the left and start digging down. Just before they dig in the water
change them into builders (now the hole should like something like
this).

.__ ___
..| |_..
..|__|..

Then just change one lemming into climber (he won't climb on the right
edge but on the left one insted) then just build the ladders and dig
in the end and build a path from the hole to the surface.

Solution #2 requires building a long stairway to the right.

 MIT

--
Bubble Bobble