[comp.sys.amiga.games] F-29 Retaliator. Pros and cons

perod@ifi.uio.no (Per Christian deg}rd) (03/12/91)

In article <lord_zar.668707990@ucrmath>, lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu (wayne wallace) writes:
> Hiya. I've been considering a flight simulator, and as I've always been a
> sucker for the latest in technology, F-29 caught my eye. A chance to
> fly an X-29 (Yes, I still have my old newspaper clippings of it....) or
> the more mysterious ATF got me excited, however, I recalled the thread
> on it running thru this newsgroup, and I wonder if some kind person
> might summarize its pros and cons, preferably by post, since many
> new readers have most likely jumped on and would also be interested in
> knowing...

	These are, in my eyes, the pros and cons of F-29 Retaliator:

	+

	* Fast update speed
	* Pretty 3D graphics
	* Many and fairly interesting missions
	* Lotsa weapons available (all the latest hardware)
	* Fast loading
	* Quite good manual (not as good as the F-19's, though)
	* Excellent ouside view of plane
	* Variable skill level

	-

	* Utterly crap collision detection - safety margin=2 miles :-)
	* Small maps
	* Lotsa bugs, sometimes fatal. Some may be corrected in recent versions
	* Oversensible stick control

	OVERALL: Rather good flight sims which is partly spoilt by
		 bugs and programming flaws

	Per Christian Odegard (perod@ifi.uio.no)