[comp.sys.amiga.games] Blue Max???

lyons@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com (03/11/91)

Has anyone seen or played Blue Max on the Amiga.  I noticed it in the store
the other day and I got the impression that it was a cheap IBM port.  They
claim it has 256 VGA colors.  How about a quick review or recommendation.

-Glenn

dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dan Cogswell) (03/12/91)

lyons@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com writes:

>Has anyone seen or played Blue Max on the Amiga.  I noticed it in the store
>the other day and I got the impression that it was a cheap IBM port.  They
>claim it has 256 VGA colors.  How about a quick review or recommendation.

>-Glenn

DO NOT BUY THIS "GAME"!!!  It IS NOT playable!  It is BY FAR the worst
flight combat simulation on the Amiga!  Far worse than A-10 Tank
Killer!!!  DON'T! DON'T! DON'T!!!
--
Dan

bryanh@amix.commodore.com (Bryan Harpel) (03/13/91)

lyons@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com writes:

> Has anyone seen or played Blue Max on the Amiga.  I noticed it in the store
> the other day and I got the impression that it was a cheap IBM port.  They
> claim it has 256 VGA colors.  How about a quick review or recommendation.
>
> -Glenn

   Sorry, but I can't really recommend it.  On a 68000, it is painfully
slow.  Works good in 68030 mode though.  As for the 2 player option in
68000 don't even think about it.  Also in 2 player mode, the sounds from
only 1 players palne can really be heard.  Graphics are mediocre, but
definitely not 256 VGA.  Maybe Red Baron or Knights of the Sky will be
better if ported.  As for now, I think I'll stick with Wings :)

                                                           ///  Only
   - Bryan                                                ///   AMIGA
                                                      \\\///    Makes it
                                                       \XX/     Possible....
Bryan Harpel
UUCP: {rugters|uuwest|uunet}!cbmvax!amix!undrground!bryanh
INTERNET: undrground!bryanh@amix.commodore.com
         "You will die by my hand, For it is I who rule the land"

algoa@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Gregory Bowers) (03/14/91)

lyons@ssdvx2.mdcbbs.com writes:

>Has anyone seen or played Blue Max on the Amiga.  I noticed it in the store
>the other day and I got the impression that it was a cheap IBM port.  They
>claim it has 256 VGA colors.  How about a quick review or recommendation.

>-Glenn

Blue Max struck me as being to slow to have any
real fun on a 500, but on a 3000 it's great fun,
especially the two player head to head mode. You
can play with a split screen, so you can see the
other guy's plane from your and his perspective.
Excellent if you're shooting him down, not so
good if you see YOUR plane in HIS sights. Anyway,
those are the impressions I got from about 1/2
hour of playing with it.

Amiga is die beste! 'n IBM is 'n rekenaar? Die Mac is net 'n vrot appel!
algoa@eecs.cs.pdx.edu   Portland TrailBlazers now 46-15 and KICKING ASS!