[comp.sys.amiga.games] Ultima VI

u9041915@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Michael SWERLOWYCZ) (08/27/90)

 Someone told me today that Ultima 6 has been, or is to be, released
on the amiga(I havn't even seen 5 yet)..If this is true then could
someone tell me what it is like and what it is about..And if this
was just a vicious rumour then could someone say so ,so I can beat
the SH.. out of the bloke who told me...
--
| u9041915@wolfen.cc.uow.edu.au | "..Get your filthy hands off my |
| Roger Ramjet & A.A.Eagles     |    desert..."                   |

goris@eecae.uucp (Jason Goris) (08/29/90)

That seems HIGHLY unlikely because I have been on the "Mail order companies'
backs" for months asking about future ultimas.  I figured since they usually
list the products months before they get them, they might have the jump on
the 'rumors' going around.  I feel that Ultima V (or 6) will be treated
(if it is even being worked on) kindof like a movie as far as Origin doesn't
want to lose any $$$ by putting 3 sequels out in less than a year!

Jason Goris		EMail:  goris@eecae.uucp
			Phone:  517-337-3957
        //  vs.
      \X/       | B /\/\

d6b@psuecl.bitnet (08/30/90)

In article <6431@wolfen.cc.uow.oz>, u9041915@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Michael  SWERLOWYCZ) writes:
>  Someone told me today that Ultima 6 has been, or is to be, released
> on the amiga(I havn't even seen 5 yet)..If this is true then could
> someone tell me what it is like and what it is about..And if this
> was just a vicious rumour then could someone say so ,so I can beat
> the SH.. out of the bloke who told me...

Both Ultima 5 and Ultima 6 are listed in the ads of various software
mailorder places in Amiga Format (a UK-based magazine). I'm not willing
to make a long distance (very long distance!) phone call to verify it,
but I suspect they have been released in the UK but simply not
distributed in the US (yet) due to...well, I dunno; I can't think of
a good reason!

-- Dan Babcock

dbscoop2@bwdlh415.BNR.CA (Las Lovas) (03/05/91)

Does anyone know when Ultima VI will be out for everyone's favourite computer?

kiron@concour.cs.concordia.ca (The Doctor) (03/14/91)

Seeing as I may finish Ultima V in the near future, and that my last
Origin Systems catalogue said that Ultima VI would be out in Fall 1990,
is the program actually released for the Amiga, or is this just a pipe
dream???

Thanks

Kiron

--

 Kiron D. Bondale       Concordia University, Mtl., Quebec, Canada
   "Can't. CAN'T.  There's no such word as Can't." ... The Doctor

fstuart@eng.auburn.edu (Frank Stuart) (03/14/91)

In article <825@antares.Concordia.CA> kiron@concour.cs.concordia.ca (The Doctor) writes:
>Seeing as I may finish Ultima V in the near future, and that my last
>Origin Systems catalogue said that Ultima VI would be out in Fall 1990,
>is the program actually released for the Amiga, or is this just a pipe
>dream???
>
>Thanks
>

>Kiron
>

>--
>
> Kiron D. Bondale       Concordia University, Mtl., Quebec, Canada
>   "Can't. CAN'T.  There's no such word as Can't." ... The Doctor
> ------------Habitat:kiron@sunkisd.CS.Concordia.CA----------------

Well, I just bought Ultima V and the catalog that comes with it just says
"(FUTURE)" Its got a check in the C64/C128 column, and is shaded in all others.
(I*M stuff is on another page)