[comp.sys.amiga.games] Drakkhen help

presley@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Matthew Presley) (07/10/90)

I have eight gems.  What do I do now?

Matthew Presley (UCLA CS Grad. Student) & (JPL CS dude)
Internet (presley@cs.ucla.edu) or (matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov)
"Twisted yellow puppies play loudly broken flutes..."

felixc@cbnewsj.att.com (felix.cabral) (11/07/90)

Thanks to all that responded to my request for help on the teleporting
fountain. I should have waited one more night before posting since I
figured it out that same night. It took me a few nights to find out
you have to use the inspect icon to get teleported. I probably would not
have if I didn't post the help. At least I made a few good pen pals to
discuss the game as we continue.

--
Felix Cabral         {felixc@mtgzz.att.com}      "Just give me a rad
AT&T Bell Labs       {  att!mtgzz!felixc  }       wave, a rad board and

jahnd@upas.CS.ORST.EDU ( David Alan Jahn) (12/03/90)

Help!  I've obtained the first 3 gems, and then gone to Princess Hazhulkha's
castle (in the desert) as instructed.  However, whenever I try to enter it,
the door pulverizes my character.  I've tried various spells, but to no avail.
I assume that there must be some item that I still need.  How do I get inside?
Also, how do I fill empty phials with a potion?  The vague manual was of little
help, and I still haven't figured it out.
   Thanks!
                                 DJ

miracle@sctc.com (Barry Miracle) (12/05/90)

jahnd@upas.CS.ORST.EDU ( David Alan Jahn) writes:

SPOILER

>Help!  I've obtained the first 3 gems, and then gone to Princess Hazhulkha's
>castle (in the desert) as instructed.  However, whenever I try to enter it,
>the door pulverizes my character.  I've tried various spells, but to no avail.
>I assume that there must be some item that I still need.  How do I get inside?
Wait until dawn.

>Also, how do I fill empty phials with a potion?

Walk up to a pool with empty vial equipped.  They are in the Shark
Castle, Drawbridge Splatting Castle, and The Sultan Looking Castle(The
one your at.)  The others can NOT fill potions.

Also, the best stuff is found fighting the demon looking
guys(ho-ho-ho), the dinosaur looking monster, and the dragons.

>The vague manual was of little

>help, and I still haven't figured it out.
>   Thanks!
>                                 DJ

Good Luck,

Barry Miracle
miracle@sctc.com

A_ASENCIO@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) (01/14/91)

Paul Herbert Reavis <reavis@oxy.edu> writes:

>hello.

>regarding drakkhen...

>i have been playing this game for some time, but i seem to be running into
>some sort of monumental bug that won't let me finish the quest.
>    twice now, with two different sets of characters, i have run into
>problems. with the first, i killed the prince of fire, as told to, and got
>the last gem and everything, but couldn't do anything else -- i couldn't
>get the princess of water to talk to me, and just wandered around aimlessly
>for awhile without the slightest clue as to what comes next. so i ditched
>them, figuring i had missed something important along the way.

Had the eight gems?, you're ready to finish the game, you have to talk to
the priest on the earth plane (or the water plane, don't remember, is the
one who tells you a long reedle).  And you must read all the messages on
the tombs off four castles. (This is very important)

>    the second time around, i took notes on everything, was very careful to
>do exactly as i was told in the order i was told, and zipped merrily along --
>till it was time to kill hazulkhen, the fire prince. i stormed his castle,
>killed everything in sight, grabbed the cool armor, etc. just as always.
>    but he wasn't there. nowhere to be found. and again -- no help from the
>water.

>    what's going on? i've had some other problems (a party crashed; a
>stalactite in one chamber kept showing up where it doesn't belong, etc.),
>but dammit, nothing that kept me from finishing the game. at this point,
>my only option seems to be to start all over with a brand new party, _again_.
>not a pleasing prospect, much as i love the game.

You'll love the ending, this time, go to all the priest in the four planes.
Take note about they say, and remember to examine each tomb you found in
the Castles for messages. (I recalc, they are very important!)

>    so i guess i'm looking for people who've had similar problems, or someone
>who can tell me how to fix things. and to warn anyone else. i may just be
>screwed in the head -- for one thing, the instructions are in my friend's
>house (it's his) on the other side of the country. or maybe i missed doing
>something important that i have to do before killing the good prince.

You don't have to kill the good prince, neither the good pricess!
If I remember well, The prince of air, The princess of Water, The princess
of Earth give their gems at certain point (The princess of Fire is killed
by his brother and I think he has it.)

>but anyway. thanks in advance for anything you can give me... you might also
>write me if you're having problems or need hints; i can tell you what i know
>or have been told by someone more knowledgeable, or refer you, or whatever.

>anyway.

>as usual
>paul

An advice, don't drop anything without wearing it.

Ex. dropping a strenght ring without wearing it.

Str 16  ring unweared
Str 18  ring weared
Str 16  ring unweared
Str 14  ring dropped unweared

     dropping wearing it.

Str 16 ring unweared
Str 18 ring weared
Str 16 ring dropped weared.

This the way I solve the bug.

Angel//
   \X/

      Angel Asencio//               Computer Engineering Student
                 \X/                University of Puerto Rico
802360644%rumac%upr1.upr.clu.edu    Mayaguez Campus
A_ASENCIO%upr1.upr.clu.edu
  ******* Amiga, it's not just a computer, it's THE COMPUTER *******

cknowlto@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (christophe knowlton) (03/04/91)

	Hey, if you can stand to read another one of my messages, you can
ignore all the previous ones.  I have gotten all of the gems and I killed
the Prince of Fire.  Now what?  I thought that the object of the game was to
get all of the gems.  Well I got them, nothing happened.  Was I not supp-
osed to kill the Prince of fire after I killed the prince of water?  I'm
stumped again!

                _ _ _
               / / /_\                      cknowlto@silver
              / / // \\
       _ _   / / //_\_\\            What!  Study! Huh, you must be crazy,
       \ \ \/ / /_______\           this is college.
        \ \ \/ //   \ \ \\
         \_\_\//     \_\_\\ MIGA               --- Me
INDIANA UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE HOOOOOOOOSSSIIEEERRRSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

wanderer@pro-graphics.cts.com (Tim Weiss) (03/16/91)

  I am stuck - I have all the gems of the dragon rulers except for the
Prince of Fire's gem. I can't get into his castle. Please reveal your
knowledge.
  Also, whenever I find a staff of ring of strength, intelligence, etc...
my character's attribute goes down if I throw it away. Can I increase my
characters' ability scores (besides the priest) ?

                               Thanx millions
-- Tim Weiss

 Pro-Graphics BBS  908/469-0049  "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!"

Internet: wanderer@pro-graphics.cts.com        | PcPursuitable @ NJNBR
    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!wanderer          | Starlinkable
    ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!wanderer@nosc.mil | 24hrs/day, 7 days/week