[net.music] Rawhide! lyrics

chris@ISM780.UUCP (07/08/85)

I would very much appreciate it if someone could mail me the
lyrics to the song "Rawhide!". I believe it was recorded by
Frankie Lane.

	      Thanks in Advance

	      chris
	      decvax!vortex!ism780!ico!chris

simpson@lll-crg.ARPA (Rea Simpson) (07/17/85)

In article <31700026@ISM780.UUCP> chris@ISM780.UUCP writes:

>I would very much appreciate it if someone could mail me the
>lyrics to the song "Rawhide!". I believe it was recorded by
>Frankie Lane.
>
>	      Thanks in Advance
>
>	      chris
>	      decvax!vortex!ism780!ico!chris

And don't forget the Blues Brothers did this too!

____

" Let there be songs to fill the air ... "

" Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
  If your cup is full may it be again "

____
				Rea Simpson
				Lawrence Livermore Labs L-306
				P.O. Box 808
				Livermore, CA  94550
				(415) 423-0910

{dual, gymble, sun, mordor}!lll-crg!simpson
simpson@lll-crg.ARPA

sjs@u1100s.UUCP (Stan Switzer) (07/17/85)

> >I would very much appreciate it if someone could mail me the
> >lyrics to the song "Rawhide!". I believe it was recorded by
> >Frankie Lane.
>
> And don't forget the Blues Brothers did this too!

Don't forget the Dead Kennedys (In God We Trust, Inc.)
(Though probably unrelated).

Stan Switzer     | "Last call for alcohol/Last call for free speach
ihnp4!u1100s!sjs |  Drink up!  Happy hour is now enforced by law." - J. Biafra

morris@Shasta.ARPA (07/20/85)

> > >I would very much appreciate it if someone could mail me the
> > >lyrics to the song "Rawhide!". I believe it was recorded by
> > >Frankie Lane.
> >
> > And don't forget the Blues Brothers did this too!
>
> Don't forget the Dead Kennedys (In God We Trust, Inc.)
> (Though probably unrelated).

There was a Scottish version I heard last year sometime.  Very
funny, but I can't remember who did it:

	'Keep them beasties moving! Rawhide.
	It's enough to give you... Rawhide!'

All sung in with a Scottish accent, with snatches of bagpipes
amongst more traditional 'western' sounds.

	Kathy Morris (...decvax!decwrl!Glacier!diablo!morris)

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (07/22/85)

> > > And don't forget the Blues Brothers did this too!
> >
> > Don't forget the Dead Kennedys (In God We Trust, Inc.)
> > (Though probably unrelated).
>
> There was a Scottish version I heard last year sometime.  Very
> funny, but I can't remember who did it:
>
> 	'Keep them beasties moving! Rawhide.
> 	It's enough to give you... Rawhide!'
>
> All sung in with a Scottish accent, with snatches of bagpipes
> amongst more traditional 'western' sounds.
>
> 	Kathy Morris (...decvax!decwrl!Glacier!diablo!morris)

The Scottish version was done by the actor who played the lead in the film
"Gregory's Girl". I think his name was John Micheal Sinclar.

--
 [ Why pander life's complexities,
            when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat - The Smiths ]

cdk@avsdS.UUCP (Chris Kendall) (07/27/85)

> > > Don't forget the Dead Kennedys (In God We Trust, Inc.)
> > > (Though probably unrelated).

*********REPLACE THIS SPACE WITH YOUR FACE?*******************

	Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'......
	Keep them doggies rollin'
	Let's take them all bowlin'   Outside!

	Through rain and wind and weather...
	knit them dogs a sweater....
	they'll wear it on the ends of their hide!

	And when your outside waitin'
	Those dogies will be matin'
	Bring popcorn.....and watch those doggies ride.

	Get it up, move it out ... jump and shout ... we got clout!
	Get it up .. move it out ... Rawhide!!!!!!
	Get it out ... get it up ...
	be a dog or a pup...
	Get it up .... or get out .....

(Sorry..... I just slipped out into space somewhere)

				Wooly Bully

	*****general disclaimer to life in general*****