[comp.sys.amiga.games] CSB: Maps Available?

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (03/12/91)

RE: CHAOS MAPS AVAILABLE.....Yes, Don, there are IFF maps for CSB
on a few of the BBSes in the K-W area. I have maps for both games.
If you cannot find them on any of the BBSes you are a member of, I
could UL them to any BBS that we both might be members of. Leave me
mail if you want to.

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

drpwilliams@tiger.uwaterloo.ca (Don Williams) (03/13/91)

Help!!!  I had a set of hand-drawn (quite elaborate if I may
say so :-)) but a disaster has destroyed (or rendered useless)
most of them!  Are there any maps out there available in either
IFF or postscript format?

Has anyone ever played Sword of Fargoal?  Granted it is an ancient
basic program, but had a neat mapping idea:  As you progressed
through the dungeon, it automatically mapped as far as your light
would penetrate on the current level.  How come they don't do
something like this in DM or CSB?  I always find the first time
through these games kind of a chore because of the mapping involved,
and then I play the game for fun once I have the maps.

..Don

ricks@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Silverstein) (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar13.143251.22269@watdragon.waterloo.edu> drpwilliams@tiger.uwaterloo.ca (Don Williams) writes:
>Help!!!  I had a set of hand-drawn (quite elaborate if I may
>say so :-)) but a disaster has destroyed (or rendered useless)
>most of them!  Are there any maps out there available in either
>IFF or postscript format?

I was told that each game of CSB generates its own dungeon layout.  The
puzzles are the same, but how you get there is different.  Therefore, you
can't trade maps with anyone unless you both started from the same game disk.
Pretty sneaky!!!

>Has anyone ever played Sword of Fargoal?  Granted it is an ancient
>basic program, but had a neat mapping idea:  As you progressed
>through the dungeon, it automatically mapped as far as your light
>would penetrate on the current level.  How come they don't do
>something like this in DM or CSB?  I always find the first time
>through these games kind of a chore because of the mapping involved,
>and then I play the game for fun once I have the maps.
>
>..Don

But mapping is have the fun!!! I have all the maps for DMI, but I don't
look at them until I've completed a level (or get REALLY REALLY confused!)

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (03/18/91)

RE: EACH GAME OF CSB GENERATES ITS OWN DUNGEON LAYOUT.....Where did
you hear this? Not so. There are maps for the complete game. They
don't change, except that depending on the WAY you take to get there
it will be a different access to the entrance to the DDD (Diabolical
Demon Director)