[comp.sys.amiga.games] DragonStrike?

felixh@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu (Felix Hack) (03/15/91)

  I'm interested in SSI's DragonStrike for Amiga.  I'd use it
on a 2500/20.  Does anyone have any experience with the game?
Is it buggy?  Does it support a 68020 and/or WB 2.0?

 Felix

silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) (03/15/91)

felixh@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu (Felix Hack) writes:

>  I'm interested in SSI's DragonStrike for Amiga.  I'd use it
>on a 2500/20.  Does anyone have any experience with the game?
>Is it buggy?  Does it support a 68020 and/or WB 2.0?

It works fine on my 2500/30, even when sped up (I try to use the basic 68000
wil ALL my games, as it usually makes a difference, but not here).  The game
is great, if you like flight simulators AND fantasy.  I personally don't like
flight simulators, but this one was so easy to use, that I actually finished
a few missions.  My friend loves flight simulators, but not fantasy, and he
thought the game was good, a perfect way to fly around and not worry about
all those controls.  For someone who likes both, the game should be awesome.

One note, there IS a bug, and a big one at that.  Supposedly there is a second
breath weapon available by using the other mouse button.  If you press
this button, the system crashes.  If you want the full effect, ask the company
if they fixed it.  You can play without it, but you can't get finish, as
there are some dragons that you can't hurt with your primary breath weapon.

So, hey, if the game is good WITH a bug, it should be awesome with out it.

Jon
c/o silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

fsadl@acad3.alaska.edu (LOOMIS ANDREW D) (03/17/91)

In article <Mar.15.10.59.56.1991.28610@dorm.rutgers.edu>, silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes...
>felixh@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu (Felix Hack) writes:
>

>>  I'm interested in SSI's DragonStrike for Amiga.  I'd use it
>>on a 2500/20.  Does anyone have any experience with the game?
>>Is it buggy?  Does it support a 68020 and/or WB 2.0?
>
>One note, there IS a bug, and a big one at that.  Supposedly there is a second
>breath weapon available by using the other mouse button.  If you press
>this button, the system crashes.  If you want the full effect, ask the company
>if they fixed it.  You can play without it, but you can't get finish, as
>there are some dragons that you can't hurt with your primary breath weapon.

I usually play dragon strike using the number pad since the responce is a bit
cleaner than using the mouse or joystick.  and the second breath weapon works
just fine with the period key, and the system has never crashed on me.

Andrew Loomis
Bitnet: FSADL@ALASKA
Internet: FSADL@ACAD3.ALASKA.EDU

I must be a bush pilot; I learned to fly in Alaska.

dower@ritcsh.csh.rit.edu (Dower) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar15.083906.14766@agate.berkeley.edu> felixh@sunspot.ssl.berkeley.edu (Felix Hack) writes:

>  I'm interested in SSI's DragonStrike for Amiga.  I'd use it
>on a 2500/20.  Does anyone have any experience with the game?
>Is it buggy?  Does it support a 68020 and/or WB 2.0?
>
> Felix

In my opinion the game is very nice, I played it a few times on my 2000 and
my friend solved in on his 2500. It is really nice becasue it allows the use
of higher speeds, for example it ran faster in full detail mode on a 2500 then
my 2000. I'm not sure about 2.0 compatability, I'm assuming it works for it.
I recommend the game.

l8r...
dower@ritcsh.rit.edu

daguru@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Da Guru) (03/18/91)

In article <Mar.15.10.59.56.1991.28610@dorm.rutgers.edu> silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:

>[stuff deleted]
>One note, there IS a bug, and a big one at that.  Supposedly there is a second
>breath weapon available by using the other mouse button.  If you press
>this button, the system crashes.  If you want the full effect, ask the company
>if they fixed it.  You can play without it, but you can't get finish, as
>there are some dragons that you can't hurt with your primary breath weapon.
>
>So, hey, if the game is good WITH a bug, it should be awesome with out it.
>Jon
>c/o silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

I finished the game with no problems.  I set the keys to what I
wanted, then used the joystick.  When I needed the secondary
weapon, I just hit the space bar.

Still, it would be nice if I had a joystick with two buttons.
Anybody know where I can get one?  I dunno if the game even
supports two-button sticks...

-Nick

"I don't need to steenking disclaimer..."

dower@ritcsh.csh.rit.edu (Dower) (03/18/91)

	Hmm, the bug you talk about I never encountered, even playing it
on a 2500...

l8r...
dower@ritcsh.rit.edu