[comp.sys.amiga.games] Psygnosis and A3000

doubt@elf.rice.edu (Douglas Benjamin Triggs) (03/11/91)

Does anyone have a list of what Psygnosis games that run correctly on
the 3000?  I'm familiar with the list of 3000/etc. compatible games that
was posted some time ago, but it only had a couple of psygnosis games on
it and I would like a more complete list, so I can know which ones are
worth considering.  I don't give a hoot about HD compatibility (I keep
almost all my games on floppy anyway, along with all my demos -- Walker
demos alone took up over 3 megs, a big chunk even out of 100...).

The more complete the list, the better.  I already know Lemmings works
fine (great, in fact -- I bought it), and I know that Shadow of the Beast
doesn't have a prayer, but other than that...

Thanks,

doubt

| "If I make it to breakfast, it probably means I haven't gone to sleep yet." |
+------------------------+--------------------------+-------------------------+
|   // Douglas Triggs    |   COMPUTER IS HUNGRY.    |   doubt@owlnet.rice.edu |
| \X/  GM # 8400000E     |       PLEASE FEED.       |         Rice University |
+------------------------+--------------------------+-------------------------+
  Disclaimer:  All opinions of Rice University are their own.

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (03/12/91)

	There is a program floating around 'out there' that disables caches,
	I believe called "Bootcache", which allows one re-boot afterward while
	retaining disabled caches.....   This has allowed me to play a LOT more
	of the games that I 'lost' when going to my A3000....

	-Mike-

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (03/14/91)

[]
Obliterator and BAAL work fine on the A3000.
-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (03/16/91)

In article <7978@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:

>[]
>Obliterator and BAAL work fine on the A3000.
>-Roger

Not only that. Psygnosis developers all have A3000's with 200MB HD's so I guess
future products will work too :-) Unless the guy doing the protection messes up.

/Jorgen
--
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se | DUMII: Sentinel of the scales
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.

doubt@wahoo.rice.edu (Douglas Benjamin Triggs) (03/17/91)

In article <1991Mar16.014123.11508@cs.umu.se>, dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) writes:

|> Not only that. Psygnosis developers all have A3000's with 200MB HD's so I
|> guess future products will work too :-) Unless the guy doing the protection
|> messes up.

Good news, if true (I reserve judgement until I see it  (^:).

It also might be nice if they update games like shadow of the beast for the
3000...

In any case, does The Killing Game Show work on the 3000?  I've gotten a single
report that it didn't, but I'd like confirmation.  The demo works, so I should
think the game just might...

brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar16.224345.10954@rice.edu> doubt@wahoo.rice.edu (Douglas Benjamin Triggs) writes:
>In article <1991Mar16.014123.11508@cs.umu.se>, dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) writes:
>
>|> Not only that. Psygnosis developers all have A3000's with 200MB HD's so I
>|> guess future products will work too :-) Unless the guy doing the protection
>|> messes up.

Well, I tried to get the Lemmings demo to run on my A3000 this weekend, and I
got the title screen, but then it crashed (hung) the system.  Has anyone else
seen this action before on the demo version?

BTW: The version I tried was from ab20.larc.nasa.gov in the incoming/amiga
directory and it had been altered by some "cracking" crew since it had their
intro at the beginning of the demo and their name on the opening screen.  Is
there a official version of this demo on some FTP site?

--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive

eric@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Eric Quintana) (03/19/91)

doubt@wahoo.rice.edu (Douglas Benjamin Triggs) writes:

>In article <1991Mar16.014123.11508@cs.umu.se>, dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) writes:

>In any case, does The Killing Game Show work on the 3000?  I've gotten a single
>report that it didn't, but I'd like confirmation.  The demo works, so I should
>think the game just might...

It works just fine on my A3000.  Note that I had some problems initially
just getting the game to load.  NOW, it loads every time first time.
I guess my drive alignment has changed somewhat such that the copy
protection has stopped choking on my machine.
--

Eric Quintana                       eric@rorschach.sps.mot.com
Motorola Microprocessor Design      (512) 891-2915