[comp.sys.amiga.games] Amiga MUD's?

h235_033@ccvax.ucd.ie (03/17/91)

	Hi,
		anyone know of a version of MUD available for the Amiga?
Ideally one which will work on a LAN of A500's with between 1 and 5 megs each.
Please post any replys.

		it->Nuttchen->Steven.

beust@avahi.inria.fr (Cedric BEUST) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar16.174137.48015@ccvax.ucd.ie> h235_033@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:

>	Hi,
>		anyone know of a version of MUD available for the Amiga?
>Ideally one which will work on a LAN of A500's with between 1 and 5 megs each.
>Please post any replys.
>
>		it->Nuttchen->Steven.

  Well, I learned from Chris Gray (yes, Draco's author) that he's
currently working on such a port. He has accomplished a huge work so
far (merely 30000 lines of code!!!) and the game is in its final
state. It should be released soon, but will be commercial. I suggest
you write to him to have more details.

  Uh... just realizing something... I hope I didn't betray a secret, Chris?

| Cedric BEUST                                     University of Nice    |
| INET: beust@mimosa.unice.fr                      $whoami               |
| UUCP: beust%arkonis@llaor.unice.fr               god (personal alias)  |
|                   -- "To be, or not to be...",                         |
|                      That is illogical, captain!                       |
|                                     -- Spock                           |

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (03/19/91)

In article <10480@mirsa.inria.fr> beust@avahi.inria.fr (Cedric BEUST) writes:

>  Well, I learned from Chris Gray (yes, Draco's author) that he's
>currently working on such a port. He has accomplished a huge work so
>far (merely 30000 lines of code!!!) and the game is in its final
>state. It should be released soon, but will be commercial. I suggest
>you write to him to have more details.
>
>  Uh... just realizing something... I hope I didn't betray a secret, Chris?

Not really - I've answered a few questions about it. Definitions of 'soon'
can vary, however. Now that it's truly public I'll ask this question of
all the folks out there: anyone got a good suggestion as to who to approach
as a publisher/distributer? The nature of the game is such that it will
need a hefty manual (at least for wizards) and installation will require
a couple of steps. Not like most arcade games. It makes no sense for it
to NOT be hard-disk installable and runnable on 68020's etc.

--
Chris Gray   alberta!ami-cg!cg	 or   cg%ami-cg@scapa.cs.UAlberta.CA

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (03/20/91)

Great news!! I would love to see MUD on the Amiga! I tried to send mail
to Chris Gray, but the mail bounced. Can anyone provide a correct mail
path?

Good luck Chris!!! Cnat wait to see it!

	- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com