[comp.sys.amiga.games] More Lemmings Help! Mayhem Level 1.

skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) (03/12/91)

     Boy, this game never seems to get any easier.  Anyway, I am having
a MAJOR problem on Level 1 of Mayhem called Metal Works.  Whoever
designed this board was nice enough to make sure the door that the lemmings
come out of is too far above the metal floor.  Thus, all the lemmings die
as soon as they hit the ground.  How does one stop the lemmings from falling
to their death?
     I have one idea that might work that I used on an earier board where
there was a similar problem.  If I save the first guy with one of
the few parachutes they give you, I could start him building bridges.  If I
could make the bridge high enough, the Lemmings wouldn't fall as far, and they
would live.  The only problem with this is that you don't get too many
bridges and it looks like you need quite a few of them later on in the board.
Also, when the lemmings come on to the board, they will walk to the right.
In order to make the bridge idea work, they really have to be walking to the
left, or I'll waste even more bridges.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to
be an easy was to turn them around.
     I've gone through 3/4 of the game, and it's a pain to be stuck on the
FIRST level of the LAST section.  Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
Probably would be best to send E-Mail...Thanks in advance..

                                              Scott
                                     BITNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.bitnet
                                   INTERNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
                                              skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu

michael@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl (Michael Brouwer) (03/12/91)

skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:

>     Boy, this game never seems to get any easier.  Anyway, I am having
>a MAJOR problem on Level 1 of Mayhem called Metal Works.  Whoever
>designed this board was nice enough to make sure the door that the lemmings
>come out of is too far above the metal floor.  Thus, all the lemmings die
>as soon as they hit the ground.  How does one stop the lemmings from falling
>to their death?

use a parachute, use a stopper, use a paracute, use a builder, use a parachute
use a stopper, use a paracute.

the screen should look like this...

        =====
       /     \

          B_
  S         -_   S
====================
====================F
====================
====================
====================

L = ordinary lemming
F = floater
S = blocker
B = builder

After this use the first lemming to build bridges for the rest and continue...

Hint:
To achive this use p for pause and the arrow key to select icons while paused...

good luck

T.L.H.S.

(The Lemmings Help Squad)

P.S. The opinions expressed here are not mine, their my vt100's

cadp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (03/13/91)

In article <175@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl>, michael@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl (Michael Brouwer) writes:
> skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:
>

>>     Boy, this game never seems to get any easier.  Anyway, I am having
>>a MAJOR problem on Level 1 of Mayhem called Metal Works.  Whoever
>>designed this board was nice enough to make sure the door that the lemmings
>>come out of is too far above the metal floor.  Thus, all the lemmings die
>>as soon as they hit the ground.  How does one stop the lemmings from falling
>>to their death?
>
> use a parachute, use a stopper, use a paracute, use a builder, use a parachute
> use a stopper, use a paracute.
>
> the screen should look like this...
>
>         =====
>        /     \

>           B_
>   S         -_   S
> ====================
> ====================F
> ====================
> ====================
> ====================
>
> L = ordinary lemming
> F = floater
> S = blocker
> B = builder
>
> After this use the first lemming to build bridges for the rest and continue...
>
> Hint:
> To achive this use p for pause and the arrow key to select icons while paused...
>

> good luck
>
> T.L.H.S.
>
> (The Lemmings Help Squad)
>
> P.S. The opinions expressed here are not mine, their my vt100's

Or alternatively, to make it a bit quicker, try almost the same method,
but get the second lemming to build the bridge before he turns around, just
before the blocker.   The builder will `bounce' off the blocker and build a
bridge like :
              \
               \
               /B

Which saves a few preciuos seconds, and possibly a lemming or two...

Electric Monk~~~			      		/^^^\
					     	       > o.o <
Strathclyde University			      		\___/
Computer Science			      		/ V \
3rd Year				     	       <==+==>
Amiga and X-Windows a speciality	    	      /       \
					  	     ^^^U^^^U^^^

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (03/15/91)

In article <175@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl>, michael@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl (Michael Brouwer) writes:
> skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:
>
> Hint:
> To achive this use p for pause and the arrow key to select icons while paused...

How do I do that?  I can't seem to select an icon while paused!

.

joden@pernnet.UUCP (Jon Oden) (03/20/91)

Naahh! You just position your mouse pointer (crosshairs) above the icon and
prepare to select it just when you unpause the game.. By using P on the
keyboard moving the pointer while paused you can save a lot of time..