[comp.sys.amiga.games] Falcon and the twilight zone?

will@waf2000 (Will Fiveash/100000) (03/17/91)

Yep, I have seen the same line flying around also.  I did not follow it
however but next time I will.
--

Will Fiveash emx.utexas.edu!waf2000!will

u870234@daimi.aau.dk (Anton Norup S|rensen) (03/18/91)

johnhlee@hermod.cs.cornell.edu (John H. Lee) writes:

>In article <1991Mar6.152920.2@ddnvx1.afwl.af.mil> ridout@ddnvx1.afwl.af.mil writes:
>>Has anyone seen this before?
>>Last night I was playing Falcon 1.1 and just flying around.  I went off of the
>>map in the south east.  I saw a white dot flying around so I thought it was the
>>f-16.  I went to follow it to practice staying on its tail.  As I followed it I
>>found it was only a line flying around.  I still followed it to try to shoot it
>>down.  I could not do it.  However eventually it lead me to a group of 4 other
>>figures flying around.  when I approached they scattered.  I came by for
>>another pass and looked through the satelite view.  The flying figures were the
>>numbers 9, 27, 81, and some wiered looking thing.
>>I tried this at a different rank and went back and the were still there.
>>So has anyone done this before?  What are they doing there? some hidden joke?
>>
>>Anyway try it, it was strange.

>Curious.

>	1  = 3 ^ 0
>	9  = 3 ^ 2
>	27 = 3 ^ 3
>	81 = 3 ^ 4

>Was the the "wiered looking thing" the number 3?  And what does all this mean?

>The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
>	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
>The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.

I've played around with the white line before, but I've never tried to follow
it. The above intrigued me for another go, and here's what I saw:
 Following it, I launched alotta (flyin' at lieutenant(YUCK) level) AIM-9J's
at it. From previous experience, I was certain not to hit it, but i DID!
At very close range, it exploded, and I had to restart.
 What IS the line? I dunno, but once, when the line was at the edge of the
screen and very close to me, it transformed into the nose of an aircraft
for a single screen update.
 I have'nt been able to repeat any of the above!
When I finally reached it's four friends, I saw something different:
The friends are not flying, but are simply runway number markings without
a runway. The numbers are 9, 18, 27 and 36, off course.
They are still a bit mysterious, as they vanish as you approach them for
a closer look.
 I forgot to try to land there at a higher level - maybe there really is
an airfield there!?!

Anton Norup Sorenson, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
*** Flying, the best to do with your pants on ***

pondscum@zooid (Lima Bone) (03/20/91)

u870234@daimi.aau.dk (Anton Norup S|rensen) writes:

> johnhlee@hermod.cs.cornell.edu (John H. Lee) writes:
>
> >In article <1991Mar6.152920.2@ddnvx1.afwl.af.mil> ridout@ddnvx1.afwl.af.mil
> >>Has anyone seen this before?
> >>Last night I was playing Falcon 1.1 and just flying around.  I went off of
> >>map in the south east.  I saw a white dot flying around so I thought it was
> >>f-16.  I went to follow it to practice staying on its tail.  As I followed
> >>found it was only a line flying around.  I still followed it to try to shoo
> >>down.  I could not do it.  However eventually it lead me to a group of 4 ot
> >>figures flying around.  when I approached they scattered.  I came by for
> >>another pass and looked through the satelite view.  The flying figures were
> >>numbers 9, 27, 81, and some wiered looking thing.
> >>I tried this at a different rank and went back and the were still there.
> >>So has anyone done this before?  What are they doing there? some hidden jok
> >>
> >>Anyway try it, it was strange.
>
> >Curious.
>
> >	1  = 3 ^ 0
> >	9  = 3 ^ 2
> >	27 = 3 ^ 3
> >	81 = 3 ^ 4
>
> >Was the the "wiered looking thing" the number 3?  And what does all this mea

> >The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generati
> >	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
> >The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.
>
> I've played around with the white line before, but I've never tried to follow
> it. The above intrigued me for another go, and here's what I saw:
>  Following it, I launched alotta (flyin' at lieutenant(YUCK) level) AIM-9J's
> at it. From previous experience, I was certain not to hit it, but i DID!
> At very close range, it exploded, and I had to restart.
>  What IS the line? I dunno, but once, when the line was at the edge of the
> screen and very close to me, it transformed into the nose of an aircraft
> for a single screen update.
>  I have'nt been able to repeat any of the above!
> When I finally reached it's four friends, I saw something different:
> The friends are not flying, but are simply runway number markings without
> a runway. The numbers are 9, 18, 27 and 36, off course.
> They are still a bit mysterious, as they vanish as you approach them for
> a closer look.
>  I forgot to try to land there at a higher level - maybe there really is
> an airfield there!?!
>
> Anton Norup Sorenson, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
> *** Flying, the best to do with your pants on ***

 I am afraid all who have discovered the white lines are in trouble...those
are in factt Iraqi war planes who go lost on their way back to the home
base...it is best to hand your disks in to the local authorities for due
process...I am sure they will offer you the relocation program, I hope you
don't like where you live too much because you will never see it again.

-CLICK-

iank@microsoft.UUCP (Ian KENNEDY) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar16.173632.305801@waf2000> will@waf2000 (Will Fiveash/100000) writes:
>Yep, I have seen the same line flying around also.  I did not follow it
>however but next time I will.

I followed a "UFO" for 15 minutes a few days ago. NO kidding! It looked like
a cone with rectangular pannels sticking out from the base. I tried to shoot
it down but couldn't. I eventually gave up the chase. Weird....