[comp.sys.amiga.games] Need help for Lemmings - Tricky level 23

mack@sst.Columbia.NCR.COM (Gary A. Mack) (03/15/91)

I've given it my best shot and I can't seem to get past Tricky level 23
in Lemmings.

           \     /
			|----------------|
			|		 |
			|		 |
			|		 |
			|		 |
		   A   _|		 |
		     _  |		 |
		  _	|		 |
		_	|		 |
_______________		|		 |
		    	|		 |		C
			|		 |		----------(exit)---
			|		 | B		|
			|		 |		|
			|		 |______________|

I can get a good many lemmings to point B, but my builder's bridge always
ends up just short of point C.  I've tried a basher at the top of the
bridge at point C, but it's still too high for the little guys.
Thanks in advance for any help.

-gammer

frank@morpheus.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (03/20/91)

|	       ----------(exit)---
| B	       |
|	       |
|______________|

Instead of trying a basher at point C, have you tried a digger (vertical)?
It worked for me, though I can't remember PRECISELY what I did.

-- Frank McPherson		    INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

hclausen@adspdk.UUCP (Henrik Clausen) (03/21/91)

In article <340@sst.Columbia.NCR.COM>, Gary A. Mack writes:

> I've given it my best shot and I can't seem to get past Tricky level 23
> in Lemmings.
>

>            \     /
> 			|----------------|
> 			|		 |
> 			|		 |
> 		   A   _|		 |
> 		     _  |		 |
> 		  _	|		 |
> 		_	|		 |
> _____________		|		 |
> 		    	|		 |		C
> 			|		 |		----------(exit)---
> 			|		 | B		|
> 			|		 |______________|
>
> I can get a good many lemmings to point B, but my builder's bridge always
> ends up just short of point C.  I've tried a basher at the top of the
> bridge at point C, but it's still too high for the little guys.
> Thanks in advance for any help.

   I was stuck there for quite some time as well. Suddenly it dawned on me.

   Spoiler follows!!!

   The bridge is no use for getting from B to C. Use it in another spot.

   More detail follows if you don't hit 'n':

   After point C, you need to use your digger, builder & miner
respectively, for the same (climbing) Lemming.

   Want more detail? Next one gives it away!
   Dig a little down, 10-15 pixels. Build a bridge that *doesn't* get your
lemming up the hole. He will turn around towards the other lemmings, and
now (quickly) make him start mining. He'll be able to free all those poor
souls now.

   Agreed, this is a taxing (pun intended) level.

                                                      -Henrik
| Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data | If the Doors of Perception where cleansed, |
| ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!  | Man would see Reality as it is - Infinite. |