[comp.sys.amiga.games] Carrier Command refuses to Save my Games!!!

PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu (PETER C. FREY) (03/19/91)

I have been trying to save games on my A2000 for Carrier Command, but to no
avail.  I have tried saving them on blank (unformatted) disks, formatted disks,
and disks with other stuff on them.  What's the deal?  It says to use a disk
only for games, but that doesn't work.

I click on the save game icon, click
on which sector (1-4) I want it saved on, the computer whirrs away, but when
I try to retrieve the game (by clicking on the load old game icon in the
beginning), it gives me the message, invalid game.

The games I've played run
11 hours at least, and I don't like to leave the computer on that long.  I
don't have 11 hours to spend on the computer straight.  The manual mentions
nothing about saving games.

                                        ANY help would be appreciated.

                        - Peter Frey
                          PFREY@DREW.BITNET

carlos@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Carlos Borges) (03/20/91)

PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu (PETER C. FREY) writes:
>I have been trying to save games on my A2000 for Carrier Command, but to no
>avail.  I have tried saving them on blank (unformatted) disks, formatted disks,
>and disks with other stuff on them.  What's the deal?  It says to use a disk
>only for games, but that doesn't work.

Try formatting the disk with the format routine built into Carrier Command.
Click on the icon right next to the save game icon.  (A disk with a lightening
bolt, I believe).
--
C. Miguel Borges     |"Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination...     |||
carlos@odie.cs.mun.ca|Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged  |||

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (03/21/91)

	There was an early version of Carrier Command that was defective
	in that it would not save games... but was soon corrected with
	a different release.... this was at LEAST 1.5 years ago.

	-Mike-

daguru@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Da Guru) (03/22/91)

I have exactly the same problem.  It supposedly saves, but I can
never get it to load a game.

-Nick

(What?  Disclaimer?  Whassat??)