[comp.sys.amiga.games] Amiga OMEGA

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) (03/06/91)

We just downloaded AmiOmega-1.3.lzh from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov; it was in the
/incoming/amiga/GAMES directory.  It is a GREAT game along the lines of Hack,
Larn etc. but it looks MUCH deeper, richer, more complex, more varied etc.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP.  But right now, SPECIFICALLY, I need to
know one *kind* of important thing; when in the beginning, the game asks you
"what is your sexual preference?" is it asking the sex you prefer to be... or
the sex you prefer to be with?!  In other words, if I (being a male) want my
character to be masculine, WHAT DO I SAY???

                                                                      ____
Ross Starkey                       : The Tygers of   : "Save a       /****\
Dept of Geography & Urban Planning : Wrath are WISER : Thermonuclear \****/
Wayne State University             : than the Horses : Bomb--drop     /**\
Downtown DE-Troit!                 : of Destruction  : a whale!"     KABOOM

 sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

> We just downloaded AmiOmega-1.3.lzh from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov; it was
> in the /incoming/amiga/GAMES directory. It is a GREAT game along the
> lines of Hack, Larn etc. but it looks MUCH deeper, richer, more
> complex, more varied etc. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP. But
> right now, SPECIFICALLY, I need to know one *kind* of important thing;
> when in the beginning, the game asks you "what is your sexual
> preference?" is it asking the sex you prefer to be... or the sex you
> prefer to be with?! In other words, if I (being a male) want my
> character to be masculine, WHAT DO I SAY???

If that's the same game that just got posted to comp.binaries.amiga,
then I need help.  I unarced the game in rad:omega, assigned omega:
to rad:omega, and started the game from an interlaced workbench screen.
The game comes up non-interlaced, and a big part of it is off the bottom
of the screen.  On a bet, it looks like PAL mode, with half a dozen or
so lines off the bottom.

It also looks like a _fabulous_ game, but it came with esstially zilch
installation documentation.  Anybody know how to make it all show up on
the screen at once?

Kent, the man from xanth.
Oh, and to answer the question, I said "m", and haven't started singing
alto yet.  ;-)

jerry@uni-paderborn.de (Gerald Siek) (03/11/91)

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

>                              [...]   But right now, SPECIFICALLY, I need to
>know one *kind* of important thing; when in the beginning, the game asks you
>"what is your sexual preference?" is it asking the sex you prefer to be... or
>the sex you prefer to be with?!  In other words, if I (being a male) want my
>character to be masculine, WHAT DO I SAY???

There is no way to choose your OWN sex !

In Omega it's only important which sex your character prefers to be with.
There are some monsters who want to seduce you.  When you choose 'f' these
monsters will be nymphs.  As I haven't played with sexual prefernce 'm'
I do not know wich monsters appear then (I think a satyr or something).
So if you like women, better type 'f'  :-)

I hope this helps!

	Jerry

---
      /   Gerald Siek              e-mail to:                /|
     /   Fr. Ebert Str. 17        jerry@uni-paderborn.de    / /
    /   W-4790 Paderborn                                   / /
   /   Germany                  Tel. 05251/37225          / /
  *------------------------------------------------------* /

honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) (03/12/91)

In article <1067@uncw.UUCP> rsmith@uncw.UUCP (Ross Smith) writes:

> Anyone play the Omega Cybertank game?

[Deleted]

>Anyone want to trade designs?  I heard there is a game out there that is
>much like Omega called C-Robots in that you use C to write the AI instead
>of the weird little language that comes with Omega... any info?

CRobots is a wonderful game.  It has been posted on comp.binaries.amiga,
so look on ab20.larc.nasa.gov to find it.  (Check the FILES.Z file for
the location.)

In a similar vein, a look through the XTank source reveals several
references to the Amiga.  It is stated that the code does not currently
work on the Amiga, but one can't help but wonder... Any info there?

(If you don't know, XTank is somewhat an extended version of CRobots.
Make that greatly extended.)

--
Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews
"Blob Shop Programmers:| Send submissions to HONP9@menudo.uh.edu

ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) (03/12/91)

About C-Robots, I have it but haven't played it much--classes keep me too
busy.  What I have seen is REALLY  neat!  The game is available on one of
the Fred Fish disks (I honestly don't remember which one though...), and
I downloaded it from the anonymous ftp site   ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   from the
/amiga/fish/ff???  directory.  It comes as a .zoo file, with the game, docs,
and about 15 sample robots (source and 'compiled' files).

Hope this helps...

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar12.013642.8621@menudo.uh.edu>, Jason L. Tibbitts III writes:

> In a similar vein, a look through the XTank source reveals several
> references to the Amiga.  It is stated that the code does not currently
> work on the Amiga, but one can't help but wonder... Any info there?

Where can you get this, please? I'd appreciate emailed responses. Ta.

> (If you don't know, XTank is somewhat an extended version of CRobots.
> Make that greatly extended.)

And I would like it to get some ideas for this project I have in mind...

> Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

Dac
--
David Andrew Clayton. // _l _  _ dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au    *or*|I post.I am.
Canberra, Australia.\X/ (_](_l(_ ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au!prolix!dac@munnari.oz

aggaton@diku.dk (Klavs Torben Pedersen) (03/23/91)

xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

> sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

>> We just downloaded AmiOmega-1.3.lzh from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov; it was
>> in the /incoming/amiga/GAMES directory. It is a GREAT game along the
>> lines of Hack, Larn etc. but it looks MUCH deeper, richer, more
>> complex, more varied etc. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP. But
>> right now, SPECIFICALLY, I need to know one *kind* of important thing;
>> when in the beginning, the game asks you "what is your sexual
>> preference?" is it asking the sex you prefer to be... or the sex you
>> prefer to be with?! In other words, if I (being a male) want my
>> character to be masculine, WHAT DO I SAY???

>If that's the same game that just got posted to comp.binaries.amiga,
>then I need help.  I unarced the game in rad:omega, assigned omega:
>to rad:omega, and started the game from an interlaced workbench screen.
>The game comes up non-interlaced, and a big part of it is off the bottom
>of the screen.  On a bet, it looks like PAL mode, with half a dozen or
>so lines off the bottom.

>It also looks like a _fabulous_ game, but it came with esstially zilch
>installation documentation.  Anybody know how to make it all show up on
>the screen at once?

>Kent, the man from xanth.
><xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>
>--
>Oh, and to answer the question, I said "m", and haven't started singing
>alto yet.  ;-)

  Hi!

  I know this is a stupid way to advertise, but try to download omega150.lzh
from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov incoming/amiga instead. It should be NTSC (or what
you call it over there) with Hires-Ultima-kindoff-graphics, it is still only
a workcopy yet, since I am waiting for some more graphics. The game is sub-
stantiel larger, so you might have trouble on a 1meg maschine.
  The installation should be simple, just change the paths in the omega.cnf
file, plus read the 'Readme' file. For a historical view of the releases I've
made check the file 'Versions'. (Use lharc -x -r e)

						With regards
						Klavs Pedersen
						aggaton@freja.diku.dk