[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings: Level 19 of Tricky

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/22/91)

Well, I went through first 48 levels without much trouble but now....

I'm stuck on level 19 of Tricky.  You have 10 climbers, 10 parachutists,
1 builder, 1 basher, 1 diagonal digger, and 1 vertical digger.

How are you supposed to get the lemmings up that first step and over the
gap with only one bridge?

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

frank@morpheus.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (03/24/91)

--
Spoiler ahead:

What you've got to do is turn one of the little guys to an athlete (why he
needs to be an athlete instead of just a climber will become apparent later).
He'll climb up onto the first ledge, then continue walkings towards the
pit.  When he gets right to the edge of the pit, make him dig straight
down for a little bit.	You need to turn him in to a builder at some point
so that he will build stairs across the pit which will hit the far wall
right under the edge, so the other lemmings'll be able to climb past it
without being climbers.  Anyway, he'll hit the wall and turn around and go
the other direction.  He'll climb up the near edge and walk back towards
where all the other lemmings are.  Turn him in to a miner when he's an
inch or three away from the edge which is keeping all the other lemmings
from getting home.  He'll dig diagonally towards them, giving them a clear
path to safety.  The miner will, when he stops digging, resume being an
athlete and keep going left.  He'll climb up the wall, then fall down
when he gets to the top (that's why he needs to be an athlete).  Once he's
fallen down, he'll head back towards the exit.  And you've got 100%.

-- Frank McPherson		    INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --