[comp.sys.amiga.games] F-18 Next mission ???

paul@abekrd.co.uk (Paul Cameron) (03/23/91)

	OK guys, I've almost done mission 6, like I straffed the sub., downed
every Mig I could see etc. and was told to go back to the carrier. Trouble is
I'm not too brilliant at landing and thus havn't managed to get the Amiga to
tell me I have finished properly.

	Put me out of my misery, somebody. Are there any other missions after
No. 6 or is this it.

	Clever comments like `...bye the game and read the manual' don't help.
Anyone who has done just that will tell you all the later missions are
surprises and only come up when the previous ones are done.

	By the way, where is Bob Dinnerman ? Sombody ought to give the man vast
sums of money to write an update to this game. Considering it is about 3 years
old some of the other flight simulators are only now beginning to catch up.

	Comments ???

hunt@dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com (Greg Hunt) (03/25/91)

In article <1991Mar22.175643.5116@abekrd.co.uk>, paul@abekrd.co.uk (Paul Cameron) writes:

> 	OK guys, I've almost done mission 6, like I straffed the sub., downed
> every Mig I could see etc. and was told to go back to the carrier. Trouble is
> I'm not too brilliant at landing and thus havn't managed to get the Amiga to
> tell me I have finished properly.
>
> 	Put me out of my misery, somebody. Are there any other missions after
> No. 6 or is this it.

The bad news is that the sub mission is the last one.  However, if
you go back and rerun the missions again, they will each be harder
to win, and some of the scenarios are changed a little bit.  After
that, it's time for fun stuff, like trying to drive across the
Golden Gate Bridge, and shooting at EA headquartes.

> 	By the way, where is Bob Dinnerman ? Sombody ought to give the man
> vast
> sums of money to write an update to this game. Considering it is about 3
> years
> old some of the other flight simulators are only now beginning to catch up.

I wholeheartedly agree.  I'd LOVE to see more missions for the game.
Ever think about trying a nighttime landing on the carrier?  <shudder>

--
Greg Hunt                        Internet: hunt@dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com
DG/UX Kernel Development         UUCP:     {world}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!hunt