[comp.sys.amiga.games] Wizardry help, please

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (03/23/91)

Well, we've just gotten stuck in Wizardry. We have a couple places that
we haven't done anything in:

    - the shaft up in the caves - can you get up there?
    - the face in the diamond - how do you proceed?
    - the sub-pyramid area with the Pharoahs of Phyre - we found nothing
	there. Is there a combination of switches and floorplates which
	does something?
    - can we do anything with the empty bag?
    - we need the wine bottle eventually - have we missed the place?
    - can we do anything with the olive goo in the castle?

Went back and put in one eyeball, but nothing happened.

Gentle hints only, please!

--
Chris Gray   alberta!ami-cg!cg	 or   cg%ami-cg@scapa.cs.UAlberta.CA

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (03/24/91)

In article <cg.7644@ami-cg.UUCP> cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes:
>Well, we've just gotten stuck in Wizardry. We have a couple places that
>we haven't done anything in:

[list of questions deleted]

Well, we are now beyond that, without any outside help. Here is our
next set of problems:

    - I've heard, by noting questions here, that a second gold key will
      open the other gate in the castle sub-basement. Where is that key
      found? I don't remember where we found the one we did have,
      unfortunately, so I guess I need to know where they both can be
      found.
    - We are now able to get to the underground lake, but can't find a
      way across it, or a key to open the gate that has water behind it
      (verified with Wizard's Eye).
    - We met the apprentice, but can't think of anything to ask him (he has
      nothing if we kill him), and found nothing of value in the small
      Wizard's area. The staircase leading up to a dead-end was quite
      disappointing. What are we missing here?
    - unused objects: wine bottle, King's diary, 2nd Key of Spades.

Gentle hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Chris Gray   alberta!ami-cg!cg	 or   cg%ami-cg@scapa.cs.UAlberta.CA

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (03/25/91)

In article <cg.7644@ami-cg.UUCP> cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes:
>Well, we've just gotten stuck in Wizardry. We have a couple places that
>we haven't done anything in:
>
>    - the shaft up in the caves - can you get up there?

Shaft?  don't remember any shaft but maybe you meant the chutes?

>    - the face in the diamond - how do you proceed?

Well, it is a diamond barrier and how do you break a diamond?

>    - the sub-pyramid area with the Pharoahs of Phyre - we found nothing
>	there. Is there a combination of switches and floorplates which
>	does something?

You really have to be a little more explicit with your descriptions of
areas as I don't really know where you are talking about since the whole
pyramid you will encounter Pharoahs.  If you are on the level of the
pyramid (which I label level 1 of pyramid) with the pits then try searching
the pits.

>    - can we do anything with the empty bag?

Yes, try going to the level under the pyramid that is connected with the
gorge that is filled with sand.  (didn't realize what to do with the
bag til later from a friend)

>    - we need the wine bottle eventually - have we missed the place?

No.

>    - can we do anything with the olive goo in the castle?

I didn't find anything to do with it either.

>Went back and put in one eyeball, but nothing happened.

There are two eye sockets.