[comp.sys.amiga.games] Where can I get IView?

tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) (03/26/91)

Hi...I just downloaded 'RickParksArt' from fish disk and it needs
the program IView.  Where can I find this?
.

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (03/27/91)

In article <19077@lanl.gov> tjf@lanl.gov (Tom J Farish) writes:

>Hi...I just downloaded 'RickParksArt' from fish disk and it needs
>the program IView.  Where can I find this?
>.

The Rick Parks pictures don't *NEED* IView. That's probably just how
Fred Fish set up icons for them on his disk - to call the program
IView to display them when one clicks on the pictures' icons. You can
use any IFF viewer to display those pictures, or load any of them
into Deluxe Paint (if you own it) since Parks never paints in HAM mode
(at least none of the couple dozen or so Rick Parks pictures I've
ever seen have been HAM).

There are a couple of programs named IView floating around - one of them
comes from Impulse (came with Turbo Silver and Imagine) and is
freely distributable.  The other one comes from Zardoz (came with
their new Image Finder).