[comp.sys.amiga.games] Where is David Townsend, writer of Bull Run, the civil war game?

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (03/21/91)

As the subject line says, I'm trying to contact David Townsend, the author
of Bull Run, a civil war wargame simulator. I'm so hooked to his game, I have
to send in my shareware contribution.

David was also promising to send a manual, keyboard overlay and source code
to contributors. Should I not be able to contact him, I would like to obtain
the source code from someone else. Somebody has to get this game running under
2.0.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700

westbroo@dtrc.dt.navy.mil (Westbrook) (03/22/91)

In article <2168@public.BTR.COM> valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) writes:
>As the subject line says, I'm trying to contact David Townsend, the author
>of Bull Run, a civil war wargame simulator. I'm so hooked to his game, I have
>to send in my shareware contribution.
>
>David was also promising to send a manual, keyboard overlay and source code
>to contributors. Should I not be able to contact him, I would like to obtain
>the source code from someone else. Somebody has to get this game running under
>2.0.
>
>Valentin

He's right here, courtesy of his girlfriend's UseNet account (I have no
posting access myself).

I've moved around enough recently that any mail directed to the address
published with _Bull Run_ no longer gets to me.  However, I can be reached
via the routes at the bottom of this message.

I still have plenty of manuals and keyboard overlays, so anyone interested
should feel free to contact me.  The shareware terms for _Bull Run_ are the
same as when it was originally released: $20 gets you a nice printed manual
(historical notes, better instructions, orders of battle), a keyboard
template, and the source code.

I've been toying with the idea of re-releasing _Bull Run_; I'll add
2.0 compatibility on the list of things to do.  I'd be interested in hearing
any suggestions you may have (e-mail, please).  Now if I can only get
Commodore to release 2.0 for the 2000s and send me some documentation.... :-)

Dave Townsend
...!sun!sundc!capitol!townsend  (UseNet)
D.TOWNSEND3                     (GEnie)
3336 Conquistador Ct.		(U.S.Mail)
Annandale, VA   22003

Westbrook@voice (Westbrook) (03/28/91)