[comp.sys.amiga.games] Supremacy

honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan14.191517.28612@warwick.ac.uk> maupr@warwick.ac.uk (Leigh Warren) writes:
>In article <4666@vela.acs.oakland.edu> hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) writes:
>>	There was a rather unique board game I once saw played that I
>>thought would make a good translation to the Amiga. I don't remember
>>who produces it, but it was called Supremacy. It was sort of a modern
>>				-Moriland
>
>There is a game called Supremacy out on the amiga, a space conquering game,
>only oneplayer though with one computer player.  I don't know whether it's the
>same,
>
>                       Leigh..
The computer game Supremacy (being marketed in the US by Virgin Mastertronic
as OverLord) has nothing to do with the board game, though it is a pretty nice
game in it's own right.  Great graphics and many nice touches.

--
\/ Jason L. Tibbitts III     // | If brave, bother me at: Honp9@Menudo.Uh.Edu
/\/"Blob Shop Programmers:  //  |       Get your reviews ready!!!!!

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (01/15/91)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

The game called Supremacy is being marketted here in America as Overlord, and
after having seen the game in action, I would say that it is a lot of fun
andwell presented too.  Too bad it is not Supremacy as I would like to see the
game translated over with add-on modules to let you play with the Boomers, the
Neutron Bombs, Spies, or what ever you want.  gee a creative programme should
also set iut up with the option that you could tell the machine you have the
board game and would just display the info you need to co-ordinate with the
board game.

 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |

paws@cray.com (Daniel Baehr) (03/29/91)

  Hello:
         I've recently bought the game Supremacy. Its not to
 bad the first foe is easy, but the second is a bit tougher.
 Does anyone have any 'hints' for playing the game like when
 is a good time to start training armies, how many power sats
 do you really need to run things. I'd like to exchange E-Mail
 with another player. This is my first strategy game and I've
 never played any 'Risk' type games either. Thanks alot.

  Daniel Baehr   paws@sequoia.cray.com