[comp.sys.amiga.games] Nuclear War

slb90@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bussey SL) (03/01/91)

Could someone please please help me. ( Where have I seen that before ?
I have tried several different strategies,
eg. hide from it all and wait
    stockpiling
    having BBQs and concerts
but none seem to work. Can anybody provide any ideas.
also what do the little suns do, above the left shoulder of each of
your counterparts?
I can't sus it.

---> Many thanks, Si     ( slb90@uk.ac.soton.ecs )

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (03/03/91)

In article <7008@ecs.soton.ac.uk> slb90@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bussey SL) writes:
>Could someone please please help me. ( Where have I seen that before ?
>I have tried several different strategies,
>eg. hide from it all and wait
>    stockpiling
>    having BBQs and concerts
>but none seem to work. Can anybody provide any ideas.

I could, but of course the manual gives more than a few hints...

>also what do the little suns do, above the left shoulder of each of
>your counterparts?

Of course the manual clearly describes what the ``little suns do''
Please refer to your manual...  or buy one perhaps... :-(

>I can't sus it.
>
>---> Many thanks, Si     ( slb90@uk.ac.soton.ecs )

Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster *would not* be made to directly support the
  Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' -A scene at the

<K50CC@CUNYVM.BITNET> (03/28/91)

  Has anyone else played this funny game before?I love the way that you can get
 rid of a couple of cities with so many different tactics.The variety of result
s is hysterical and you play against some really wierd people.Your job is to nu
ke four other guys into oblivion and survive yourself.Let's admit that the subj
ect is disturbing to some,but then again,it's just a game!Lighten up!I wouldn't
 drop the bomb on anyone (I really mean this.) . Let's have some feedback,huh?

                                                                Later.
                                                                Klazar

kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (03/29/91)

In article <91087.154331K50CC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, K50CC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:

>   Has anyone else played this funny game before?I love the way that you can get
>  rid of a couple of cities with so many different tactics.The variety of result
> s is hysterical and you play against some really wierd people.Your job is to nu
> ke four other guys into oblivion and survive yourself.Let's admit that the subj
> ect is disturbing to some,but then again,it's just a game!Lighten up!I wouldn't
>  drop the bomb on anyone (I really mean this.) . Let's have some feedback,huh?
>
>                                                                 Later.
>                                                                 Klazar

I thought the game was cute but I was very disappointed by how
long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
get on with it!" repeatedly.

Only Three Stooges is a slower and more exasperating game to
run on a dual floppy A1000....

--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

taak9@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Steve Sheldon) (03/29/91)

In article <91087.154331K50CC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, K50CC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:

>  Has anyone else played this funny game before?

Yep, great game.

> Let's have some feedback,huh?

 When I was in the dorms last year, a friend of mine had it, and we spent
many hours during Finals week blowing off steam(and a few cities).
 Admittedly, there isn't a whole lot to the game, but it's just plain
fun.  Unfortunately, there is a complete lack of games like this for the
Amiga.  Games, that don't have a whole lot of strategy involved, and
don't take hours to master.
Nuclear War takes five minutes to master the controls, and I was never
really able to verify that a winning strategy existed, seemed to be
completely random.
I plan to buy this some time before Finals week this Spring.

>                                                                Later.
>                                                                Klazar

Later,
 Steve Sheldon  TAAK9@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU
  Senior, Computer Science
  Iowa State University

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/29/91)

In article <1991Mar29.024958.6286@uncecs.edu>, kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) writes:

> I thought the game (Nuclear War) was cute but I was very disappointed by how
> long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
> build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
> get on with it!" repeatedly.

You can just press the mouse button to speed up through the results of
that round ya know.

> --
> Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet
>              Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
>              Mars Hill, NC 28754    {some big name site}!mcnc!ecsvax!kms

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (03/30/91)

I really think the did a good job of poking fun at Nuke War.
The game has the flavor of the Nuklear War card game....

- Mike

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (03/30/91)

> I thought the game was cute but I was very disappointed by how
> long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
> build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
> get on with it!" repeatedly.

All you do is click the mouse button to skip on past the animations.
The game has good response on a machine with a hard disk.

kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.104647.29352@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, 2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
> In article <1991Mar29.024958.6286@uncecs.edu>, kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) writes:
> >
> > I thought the game (Nuclear War) was cute but I was very disappointed by how
> > long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
> > build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
> > get on with it!" repeatedly.
> >

> You can just press the mouse button to speed up through the results of
> that round ya know.
>

> David Poland
> 2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Jeez!  Those darn game makers.  Why do they make games that
you can play without reading the manual?  :-)

Seriously, was that feature in the 1.0 version?  I thought
that I did read the manual and don't remember that feature.
I have since sold the game.

--

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar30.010117.27083@uncecs.edu>, kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) writes:
> In article <1991Mar29.104647.29352@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, 2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>> In article <1991Mar29.024958.6286@uncecs.edu>, kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) writes:
>> >
>> > I thought the game (Nuclear War) was cute but I was very disappointed by how
>> > long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
>> > build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
>> > get on with it!" repeatedly.
>> >

>> You can just press the mouse button to speed up through the results of
>> that round ya know.
>>

>> David Poland
>> 2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
>

> Jeez!  Those darn game makers.  Why do they make games that
> you can play without reading the manual?  :-)
>
> Seriously, was that feature in the 1.0 version?  I thought
> that I did read the manual and don't remember that feature.
> I have since sold the game.

Well, I checked and the 1.0 version does have it.

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

ko0m+@andrew.cmu.edu (Kevin Richard O'Toole) (04/03/91)

>I thought the game was cute but I was very disappointed by how
>long it took to run the animations which ended each choice of
>build-or-bomb-or-propagandize.  I found myself saying "Just
>get on with it!" repeatedly.

Just click the mouse button and you can zip right through the animations.

kot